Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2 Filter, 4 Filter, 6 Filter designs

TC-NM

Can someone give an answer about what the filters do in detecting? Does it impact SAT speed also or is it sweep speed over the target? I had someone ask this question to me at our club meeting the other night and didn't / couldn't get him an answer to the question. I have an XL Pro that uses 4 filters, the DFX uses 2 - 6 filters and the MXT & M6 uses 2 filters. Why all the filters? Correct me if I'm wrong but, is the higher filter like 6 give a slower SAT speed or the opposite?

I'd sure like to know from the experts out there. Any help in understanding this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

TC-NM

Ground Filter cct is complicated circuitry that is used in motion discriminator type detectors and affects the speed required to aquire a target at depth and discriminate it.
2 filter, 4 filter or 6 filter?? 4 and 6 filter motion discriminators have to be swept fast in order to detect and discriminate. 2 filter types do not have to be swept so fast.
More modern slow speed detectors use 2 pole / filter arangement.
4 pole/filter detectors will have a sharper "Cut Off " between accepted and disced out targets.

That's about all I know about filters.

Monte is the man for this answer. If you're real ambitious.....you can find a post by him and right click on his highlighted name and bring up one hundred and twenty one pages of his posts.

I'll bet he has answered this question many times through the years, ain't research fun?