Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2 knob Ground Balance on my new to me Scorp?

marmota.monax

I purchased a used Scorp on eBay from http://www.akmining.com/

I got it and it had two coils that the plastic had gotten a little yellow indicating age. The foam grip was perfect but dry feeling. This made me think maybe it's an older example of the breed. I went to ground balance it and noticed it had a 2 knob (course/fine) pot! The one in the 2011 catalog has a single knob in the same position.

What is the story behind the 2 knobbed version? Is it a Aussie model, custom upgrade or ?

Any help would be appreciated...

It's an older one=can't tell you myself, but somebody else can and will know :garrett:
Here's mine:garrett: It's the current type

Yeah, that's the original Scorpion with the coaxial ground balance knob.:wiggle: You're right it's a coarse/fine pot. I still have and use mine that I got back in '91.:detecting: I've also got a newer one with the ten turn knob. I really like the older one better, because you can adjust the ground balance alot more quickly. It's actually a sixteen turn outer knob. The inner knob just clicks around to let you make adjustments quicker. i like it better than the newer one's with the ten turn, but they're both good.:thumbup:
You'll notice that the address for Garrett on the older one says National Drive, which is Garrett's old(oooooolllllldddddd) address:biggrin: The newer ones have the State Street address on them(where the factory is).
Have fun!:biggrin:Happy Hunting!:)

Was just reading the older posts and found this one.

Not all Scorps. you run across have the new 16 turn pot.

I had mine changed out to the old two nob one just a while back

because I think it is a better kind .