Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2 lake hunts= 7 Silver and 1 Gold ring!

BootyHunter

Finally got started water hunting at the local lakes a few days ago. Been out twice and so far I've found 7 Silver and 1 10K ring. One of the Silver rings was for a fellow that lost his wedding band pretty much right in front of me. He asked for my help and I found it for him in less than 5 minutes. It was a Big Silver band. But only a few minutes later I found the 10K Gold ring so it was good Karma I suppose. I had been to Folly beach in March and got a Silver Toe Ring and a Silver Ring. So my count this year is at 11, yes I count Toe Rings lol. All last year I got 17 rings, so I'm closing in on that here on the first day of Summer! Last summer was rainy and cool here a lot and it kept people out of the water a lot. So if the weather that we've had for the last 3 week persists, maybe my good luck will as well. Notable coins from the water so far are a Presidential dollar ( I know not a big deal but Dollar coins here in the States are rare to find, at lest for me) and a 1944 Wheat cent. Hope everyone is having a good year and hope to see the good finds keep coming. Bootyhunter

Great finds!!!! Already closing in on last years totals, BONUS!!!!

Folly Beach has been my favorite for a few years. But it has quit giving up the goodies to me. One 14k ring so far this year and I spend an average of two visits a week. I am finding more junk rings than any thing else. I keep thinking my machine is not working and then it will hit one of those targets that are DEEP. Unfortunately those deep targets are usually a zinc cookie. Oh well I keep hunting and hoping.

GeorgeinSC said:
Folly Beach has been my favorite for a few years. But it has quit giving up the goodies to me. One 14k ring so far this year and I spend an average of two visits a week. I am finding more junk rings than any thing else. I keep thinking my machine is not working and then it will hit one of those targets that are DEEP. Unfortunately those deep targets are usually a zinc cookie. Oh well I keep hunting and hoping.

That was my first trip to Folly beach. Very nice place, I only got to hunt 1 low tide so I must have had beginners liuck and hit just right conditions. I hear you on the junk rings though, over the last couple years that’s mostly what I had found but this year silver and already got one gold so maybe with the economy improving people are wearing precious metals again more. Good luck I hope your finds improve this year! I’ll be watching for your posts. People don’t seem to post stuff on here like they once did. I guess I’m guilty too but I’m going to try and be more active on this forum this summer. Maybe if we all encourage each other we will be more inclined to get out more. Thanks for sharing!

With the heat kicking in finds should increase by a lot. I'm looking forward to spending as much time in the water as I can this summer and will post the good and bad.

Here is a heart breaker from the other day. CZ's and no K marking

Bling in the sccop