Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2 more elizabeth coins found with the x-terra 50

hoarder

reverted back to the 7ghz coil from the 18ghz coil as i think it is to sensitive for coin shooting in this country (uk)

i found 2 elizabeth 1st coins on a club dig,well pleased with them.

that makes 4 hammered coins in 3 outings with this machine !!!

I'm trying to line up a trip across the pond this year if all goes well. I agree with the sensitivity of the 18.75 coil and really have to pick it's time and place to be used. Haven't found a place yet where it can be used at full throttle and keep stability like the stock coil.
Nice finds there hoarder, keep them coming :)
Mike

many thanks for the congratulations.

if you don`t hurry up and get over here quickly the xt 50 will have wiped all the hammered coins out at this rate.

that is 4 in 3 outings and i am heading out again on sunday as usual.

Oh take my word for it hoarder, if I could be there right now I surely would. Are you willing to take me to one of those killer sites you're slaying those hammered coins at ?
I tell you one thing, it's not exactly easy to get hooked up to hunt over there ! Most places I've contacted want folks to reserve months and months ahead of time. I've also been told to watch out for places that seed the fields, that's not my idea of metal detecting, especially after making that long of a trip if you know what I mean.
I had rather find it honest even if it wasn't some spectacular find. :)
H.H.
Mike

hi mike,
the best time to pay a visit over here would be around august/september due to the harvest coming off and decent weather conditions,also that is when most rallies are held over here.

i live in the south of england on the border of devon/cornwall a place called plymouth and to be honest i would love to live in norfolk or wiltshire as that is where the good stuff really hangs out.

as to booking up months in advance and seeding,i can`t say to much on air about that but if you p.m. me i will let you know more about that.

if you need any info about coming over here then again p.m. me and i will help with any info you need,if i can.

regards
mike aka hoarder

I would be pi$$ed off if I went that far and spent that much money for what ended up being a seeded hunt.
I've heard the horror stories from several, seems there's a just a few that are running a honest show and I guess that could happen anywhere on the planet.
I have a buddy that lives somewhere close to Norfolk, his family owns several large fields there that the plow has turned up some nice goodies over the years. I talked with him a few months ago after 5 years of not hearing a word from him. He had forgot about my little hobby ... rest assured I jogged his memory :lol:
His name is David Irwin, he's been approached several times about his fields but has refused everyone after catching several on the property without permission.
That's probably where I'll be staying when I go so it could get interesting.
Thanks
Mike

n/t