Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2 new-to-me coils in 3 days.

websterz

I pulled the trigger on a Royal 800 on Ebay 2 days ago. Looking today there was a newly listed Black Max 5.3...snagged that one too. So I'll have a 950, 800, and a 5.3 for my IDX. My buddy apparently has a 4" Blue Max that he got at an estate sale that I can trade him out of. I think I'm all set in the coil department!

Hi,
Nice move.
While the 800 and the 950 have almost same ground coverage, the 800 has less tendency to snag obstacles sticking out of the ground in rough terrain because it has no cut out centre.
I personally use the 5.3 Bullseye on most of my outings because it responds way better in trashy areas than the 950 and I hardly ever hunt "open range".
Good luck with your coils
skookum

I have the same coil setup for my IDX and really like the 8 and 6 inch coils. Haven't found the right location for the 4 inch yet, but if it is as good as the others at sniffing out the goodies I'm sure I will be well pleased. Just have to remember to go reallllly slow with it.

Leeinsc

The 800 came in today so I mounted it on the IDX and tried it out in the back yard. There is so much iron junk from a hundred years of farming that all I got with the 950 was constant chatter. With the smaller coil I was able to pinpoint and dig several distinct targets that I didn't pick up on with the 950. No good finds but at least I was able to hear through the iron blanket. :) I think I'm going to like the 5.3 even more when it gets here.

Once you try the 5.3 coil especially in the trashy areas I bet it stays on the majority of the time, is a great coil, after swinging that 950 coil, the 5.3 will make a new machine outta your IDX. If you can get the Blue Max 350 snooper ( the 4 1/2" coil ) i would snag it. its an amazing little coil in the nastiest/trashiest areas.

The BlackMax 5.3 came in today. It sure does change the balance of the machine. Compared to the 950 it feels like the detector is 3 pounds lighter! Heading out to a local park to try it out.