Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2 nice gold rings, high numbers?

rarysgaard

The last 2 nice gold rings I found were a pleasant surprise. The first one was a man's 14KT 6.9 gram signet ring dug at 70, the other was a nice man's 10.2 gram gold ring with an initial on it dug at 82. It is definitely gold, but no Kt. marking. I don't know if my particular Deus is special but I had the same experience last year where I found several pieces of 24KT gold that read from 62 to 86 & it was all verified by my jeweler. Are other hunters experiencing this as well? Has anyone found any platinum jewelry with their Deus yet & if so, what did it read?

You didn't mention freq.

At 18khz, I've found gold anywhere from 44-77 (most of it closer to the 77 mark). Class rings and large gold rings, even gold coins will read up to 85 or better (zinc penny range).
That said, if there is a high conductor near your gold, it will bring up the reading to an average between the two targets.

For example, a stacked dime and a nickle I dug last weekend came in as a solid 82 (dime 91 and nickle 62). I figured ZPenny but the footprint was big for its aparent depth.

If you have not seen the videos I made...here is the link to the thread:

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,1771918,page=1

You can skip past my jabbering and get right to the start of each test if you jump to the following times:

18khz starts at 6:30
12khz starts at 1:25
8khz starts at 1:09
4khz starts at 1:00

The tests are not perfect and they are air tests not inground tests...but it gives you the general idea of where numbers come in.

Hope it helps. HH

Thanks Diggin-it ! That video was very helpful. I'd seen it before awhile back but had forgotten about it. I will definitely utilize it & dig more trash as my gold finds will increase as well. Thanks for taking the time to make the videos & sharing them with us.

I really don't hunt for jewelry that much but I have found gold rings in the coin range before. I have seen 10K rings come up in the zinc penny range especially class rings. Congrats on your finds !!

The bigger the ring usually the higher they read. One of the reasons gold is so hard to find. Congrats!