Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

.2 questions

MetalmanMatt

1. Is a pinpointer worth the money? What or how does it work?

2. is the unit harbor freight sell any good? My locat store has 6 instock.

I do not go out without my pinpointer...I find I am using it less and less, but when I need to find that deep target that eludes me, the pinpointer is essential...no need to go expensive...I use a modified Teknetics pinpointer...I have heard the Harbor freight ones work well enough, and are cheap...in the end, it is all a personal choice of cost versus quality...

HH,

I bought a harbor freight pointer and used it a few times. I also got a bounty hunter pin pointer. I use the BH a lot more than the one from HF. I take the BH every time I go. I half to have all the help I can get. I try the pin before I dig, some times the target is under the matted grass.

Pinpointers are great help as long as its shallow enough (2-3 inches).One cad dig down a bit then use the pinpointer.Should speed up the process.I use a Vibra Probe 570..Dont leave home with out it. BH Time Ranger