Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2 Reale in a public park!!!!

Coinboy007

I went to hunt a local park this morning with my new Etrac. The ground is freezing up here and I wanted to get out before it’s totally frozen. Since I needed 1 more silver to make 100, I went to the oldest park around, from the 1840s. I went out with low expectations, since I know the park has been pounded over the years. After hunting for about an hour and not finding anything I was getting discouraged. As I was about to head back to the car, I got a very deep, VERY iffy high tone. I told myself Hey maybe they missed a rosie or something. So I dug a nice 7 inch plug and in the plug my pinpointer went off: 1 rusty nail. I rechecked the hole and got an even better high tone. I dug down to about 8 or 9 inches and out came another rusty nail. Then the most beautiful 12-45 signal sang into my ears and I eagerly dug down. At 10 and a half inches: Silver coin edge! I carefully took it out of the hole and got out my spray bottle. It seemed oddly thin for a silver quarter. As the dirt came off the coin I could not believe my eyes and yelled “HOLY $!@?” I got a couple of weird looks but I didn’t care. SPANISH SILVER!!!! I threw down my headphones and ran around doing a happy dance. My 100th silver and I could not have asked for a better one. I quickly ran home to clean it. Turns out it’s from the 1730s from the reign of King Philip 5 of Spain! My oldest coin I’ve ever found! What a way to end the year. I could not get any “in situ” pics because I was shaking so bad! But here are some from when I got home. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 57B7D206-835D-4AF6-9AC5-81954032FA4D.jpeg
    57B7D206-835D-4AF6-9AC5-81954032FA4D.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 217
  • 163B6F80-40CA-4284-B956-10C50BC49FC2.jpeg
    163B6F80-40CA-4284-B956-10C50BC49FC2.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 197
  • 3613B81E-2BF1-49CD-9A7C-A6938B591D25.jpeg
    3613B81E-2BF1-49CD-9A7C-A6938B591D25.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 208
What great way to wrap up 2020! Awesome coin, and a bucket lister as well. That will keep you stoked through winter. Congratulations

Nice score I found one in a old park that was dug up I waited for the crew to finish spreading out the graded soil the 2 I found was literally 1” inch down! Right as I entered the park to.
Old coins I’ve found can literally be anywhere as you found out nice find!
Mark

YeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaawww!!!! I knew it was gonna happen!!! Wow, I mean wow! What a way to get that 100th.
I almost feel like I found it myself, heck I'm shakin! That's is really awesome, my friend. Beautiful!
Oh yeah and you might damper down on the cussin a little bit ;) ;) Congrats, Coinboy!!
Happy New Year and HH
okie

Way to stick with going down that hole! Most would have stopped at nail #2........

Man I couldn’t be happier for you, little bro! Dang!! I told you that 1700s is there in Iowa!!! In a park, no less!?!? A new machine, and a crazy cool way to end the season!! Wow. Good for you. I knew a handful of boys up there who have hunted for many years and haven’t found a Spanish silver up there. On the other hand I know a fella whose found quite a few...

Man I couldn’t be happier for you, little bro! Dang!! I told you that 1700s is there in Iowa!!! In a park, no less!?!? A new machine, and a crazy cool way to end the season!! Wow. Good for you. I knew a handful of boys up there who have hunted for many years and haven’t found a Spanish silver up there. On the other hand I know a fella whose found quite a few...
Thanks! As you told me before, i looked by a major waterway and found it!

I went to hunt a local park this morning with my new Etrac. The ground is freezing up here and I wanted to get out before it’s totally frozen. Since I needed 1 more silver to make 100, I went to the oldest park around, from the 1840s. I went out with low expectations, since I know the park has been pounded over the years. After hunting for about an hour and not finding anything I was getting discouraged. As I was about to head back to the car, I got a very deep, VERY iffy high tone. I told myself Hey maybe they missed a rosie or something. So I dug a nice 7 inch plug and in the plug my pinpointer went off: 1 rusty nail. I rechecked the hole and got an even better high tone. I dug down to about 8 or 9 inches and out came another rusty nail. Then the most beautiful 12-45 signal sang into my ears and I eagerly dug down. At 10 and a half inches: Silver coin edge! I carefully took it out of the hole and got out my spray bottle. It seemed oddly thin for a silver quarter. As the dirt came off the coin I could not believe my eyes and yelled “HOLY $!@?” I got a couple of weird looks but I didn’t care. SPANISH SILVER!!!! I threw down my headphones and ran around doing a happy dance. My 100th silver and I could not have asked for a better one. I quickly ran home to clean it. Turns out it’s from the 1730s from the reign of King Philip 5 of Spain! My oldest coin I’ve ever found! What a way to end the year. I could not get any “in situ” pics because I was shaking so bad! But here are some from when I got home. Thanks for looking!
Congrats on getting #100 Silver & with the find of the Spanish Reale what a day to finish out the year! AWESOME! Ma

Wow that is a shocker never know what can pop up out of the ground !!!