Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2 silver day!

Explorer.se

I was asking to get back out. It had been a while. I hit this park that I had never searched before and found the following:

7 wheaties - I can’t make out one date but the others were 2- 1929’s, 1937, 2- 1944’s and 1945. I did not find any of the ones from the 1950’s? Does that mean someone else was here and missed these deep ones? I also found a 1920 no mint mark Mercury dime. I had a pretty good outing. I only dug one copper penny. Do you guys know what that dumbbell looking thing is? I also found a nice unspent bullet. I gotta get back to this place again. Oh almost forgot - I found a 1945 war nickel with S mint mark. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_6303.jpeg
    IMG_6303.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_6302.jpeg
    IMG_6302.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_6306.jpeg
    IMG_6306.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_6305.jpeg
    IMG_6305.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_6304.jpeg
    IMG_6304.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_6312.jpeg
    IMG_6312.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_6311.jpeg
    IMG_6311.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6310.jpeg
    IMG_6310.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_6309.jpeg
    IMG_6309.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 59
Those could have been missed not because they were too deep, but maybe on angle, next to trash, or simply did not get over it… No matter the reason, you did good and it is definitely worth going back!
Anytime you find wheats is a very good sign in my opinion.

Yep, you hit the nail on the head. Alot of the silver dimes I hit sound like deep wheat pennies, so you have dig them as nearby iron or being really worn can drop the silver signal down to wheat penny range.
Because of this I still get excited when I run into deep wheat penny targets as they can lead to something else. I miss the days of a couple decades ago though when it was common to run into an open silver screamer.
That seldom happens now.
Dave
Lol,,,, the spots I hunt have been detected hard for decades. I get excited about every wheat I dig. Not as excited as silver mind you,,,, but wheats do bring a smile.

Those could have been missed not because they were too deep, but maybe on angle, next to trash, or simply did not get over it… No matter the reason, you did good and it is definitely worth going back!
Anytime you find wheats is a very good sign in my opinion.
Thanks FW I will define going back. I’ll keep you posted on hunt number 2.

Yep, you hit the nail on the head. Alot of the silver dimes I hit sound like deep wheat pennies, so you have dig them as nearby iron or being really worn can drop the silver signal down to wheat penny range.
Because of this I still get excited when I run into deep wheat penny targets as they can lead to something else. I miss the days of a couple decades ago though when it was common to run into an open silver screamer.
That seldom happens now.
Dave
Thanks Dave I totally agree with you. I’m hoping to yank out an Indian head on my next trip. I still can’t make out the date on the toasted wheatie .

When I start finding Wheaties I know I'm in the right place for silver, set up the grids, set the coil as low as possible to the soil, swing at all angles possible and listen for those faint deep signals.
Two silver day with all that other good stuff is excellent in my world.

When I start finding Wheaties I know I'm in the right place for silver, set up the grids, set the coil as low as possible to the soil, swing at all angles possible and listen for those faint deep signals.
Two silver day with all that other good stuff is excellent in my world.
Thanks Still Looking yes I left the park very happy. I can’t wait to get back out there again. It will be at that park.