Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2 V nickels, 2 Buffaloes, 1 Indian head, 2 wheats, and 1 unknown?

jimmyzr1

Ok went out with a used 3 time Ctx-3030 and hit a small area with mascard1 today. I ended up finding a 1902 V nickel, a 1904 V nickel, a 1920 and a no date Buffalo nickel, a 1901 Indian head penny, 2 wheat pennies, and an unknown coin / pendant. I didn't find any silvers though. I will try to clean up the coins tomorrow evening.

I wouldn't have any complaints having a day like yours. Congrats - Jim

Congratulations! Nice finds with the 3030.

Just hold on to your collection bag. I just put a ctx3030 into service 8/1/15 and have been back over places that
I have pounded with my AT Pro and Safari. Yesterday I picked up $1.72 in coinage which contained 3 quarters,
6 dimes, 2 nickels and the rest pennies, in about half an hour. If I had not owned the AT Pro and the Safari I would
have had a much harder time learning the CTX but to me it has the combination of the response of the At Pro and
a much higher ability to distinguis between the trash and the good stuff. Saturday, my wife and I went to the river
where I have hunted the camping area time after time and each time with all detectors, I would find something. The
most significant being a civil war bullet I found with the Safari. That area is full of bottle caps and pull tabs not to
mention old burned tin foil. I found and antique spark plug for a boat motor and a 1936 Mercury dime. I am by
farrrrr no expert with it and have a lotttt to learn about it but what I have found so far is it is the ultimate hand held
metal detector. The second thing I found with it on 8/1 was a broken 18K gold necklace that my wife is going to make
a wrist and ankle bracelet out of. Another thing, a lot of the signals I use to ignore I am now digging and finding good
stuff. I counted up this morning that since 8/1 I have found more nickels than I had the 10 weeks prior to getting my
CTX. For some reason, nickels have been my hardest find. Good luck. You won't be disappointed with that detector

Dead on with the nickles. Have very few with a 250 and a AtPro. Will post a solid 55 and not move on a nickle but I will say out of ~90.00 in clad this year ~10 nickles at the most. Sooooo yes I will be swinging a CTX by the end of the month. Can't wait.