Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

20 cent piece from Cuba?

wygold

Hey guys, wygold here. I'm new to this forum and I am also a newbie to MD(6 months into it). One of my finds from my park hunt yesterday reveals a 20 cent piece from Cuba using my xterra 705. Most of the foreign coins that I dig up are mexicain peso, but I would have never thought to find a Cubain coin especially from the 70's. My xterra 705 dual pack is my very first MD and I'm happy that I bought it. Although I want to be able to go into the water with it, I have to remind myself not to go to deep to keep the control box from getting wet. I've been hunting Beaches and parks switching from my 9" concentrical coil to the 10x5 DD coil. I'm starting to like using the 10x5 DD coil over the 9" concentrical coil at the parks. While most of my park hunts are newer parks from 80's-2000's, I get frustrated with all of the junk that I've been pulling out of the ground. With a little tinkering with the TID, I managed to be able to skip over 90% of the pop tops & beavertails. The bottle caps still get me every time. I still haven't found any silver coins and that's because of the locations that I've been hunting in. The last time I tried to hunt a very old park with house surrounding it built from the early 1900's to the 50's, I got kicked out of it buy a park employee. Anyways I'm off to my next adventure looking for lost treasures even if it's just clad.

As they say, " You never know what you're going to find or where you're going to find it."
I used the 9" concentric coil for 6 years on my X30, you will get better depth with it than the 5x10 and possibly more old silver.
The 5x10 HF DD Elliptical is my favorite for the beach (dry sand) hunting in the early morning, I'm looking for jewelry but have no problem picking up lots of clad as a byproduct. The 5x10 never comes off my 705 and I do use it on soccer fields and parks, but then, like at the beach, I'm not after deep stuff. At the beaches I run the same tried and true routes, only fresh drops are possible and with the 5x10 you don't get tired since that coil is so light. Parks and play fields I only do in the winter, so then again, nothing deep, just looking for recent losses.
Good Luck with the new MD, dig good stuff, post pictures.