Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

20 Cent Piece .... king_ ghidorah

Here's one of two I found over the years .. it's kind of rough but still a 20 center and always a nice surprise to see come out of the ground.
It was found after the county road department removed a huge piece of concrete from a bridge destruction project. Between myself and a detecting buddy we pulled around 120 pieces of silver out of this one area alone !
2 years later I was blessed by finding a 1876 that graded out at $8200 ... it's in a safety deposit box.
Anyway ... you never know what's under the coil until you dig it. :)

Mike

WOW!! That 75 looks in pretty good shape. Not only did you find just one but you now have two! That's amazing!

That 76 had have been a CC for it to be worth that much? Only 10,000 were minted and at MS-60 it's valued at $90,000 from the 06' Red Book.

Chris,

You must be getting some nice rosy weather too around your way too.

The concrete slabs that were removed surrounded the main footers, originally poured into pie shaped pieces just under each end of the bridge starting out flat at the base at ground level and pointing upwards at or about a 30 degree angle.
Don't know if the original workers lost the coins or not but the end of the brigde where most finds were made was also part of a fish camp/resort built just before the Civil War. I originally went there looking for CW relics and found quite a load of them too.
The 1875 that I pictured has a nasty nick on the side and the words "Twenty Cents" are barely readable but you might be surprised at some of the offers I've gotten for it like it is.
I can only WISH my 1876 was graded and slabbed for that much $$$$ ... however .... it wasn't .... but I still love the coin and I wouldn't take $10 K for it right now and I really NEED the money :lol:

Good Hunting
Mike