Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

20 hours small swimming pond with the DEUS

Hauptmann aD

I had a lucky moment to spot a time, on which the water level of our local swimming pond had been reduced by approx. 1.5 meters and to gain access to the area for detecting. The pond has been used for swimming since about 80 years, and never a detectorist has been visiting.
Endless coins (including one US Cent) came out of the water, more than 70 rings and other jewelery, and some other nice stuff. The most surprising coin was a Brasilian 10 Ries coin from 1868.
The result from 20 search hours with DEUS (standard and large coil) was overhelming for what I use to find.
But look yourself.
Best greetings from Germany
Olaf

Wow Olaf, it looks like you really cleaned that place out. Congrats on all of your finds.

Olaf -

That is an AMAZING amount of good finds! Congrats and thank you for sharing the inspiring photos.

NYNURSE said:
Looks like a lot of work. Very impressive.
Oh yes - not only the digging, also the cleaning, were indeed a lot of work. (But also fun and surprise.)
Olaf

Thank you for the photos..lucky guy! CONGRATS!:clapping::clapping::clapping:

You show the silver rings separated out but I would like (very much) to see the gold the same way. I seem to see at least 7 gold rings.

Regards, Joe (California)

7 Gold? That would be superior, but the reality is not that overhelming.
There are only 2 real gold rings (plain wedding rings without great design - middle left and middle right on picture 2), the others are fake or copper.
Also not all the silver rings have been pictured separated, only a few of the better looking ones.

I agree - this was triple luck.
Spotting the moment, in which the ponds water level got reduced.
Having the proper contact to get the key to the area.
No competition all the time before and therefor a real nice collection across the last century.

Olaf

Awesome finds Olaf! Lot of historical stuff was there, some WWII relics if i see correctly.

What setting did you use on Deus?

How was the lake bed of gravel, clay?
I Interested in all kinds of experience.

I hunting in freshwater lakes with deus,

My Eglish is very poor, sorry :)