Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

200 plus miles from home, silver, gold and trip Barbers.:clapping:

Hi fellows,

Haven't posted anything in quite awhile as it's been hot and too dry to go detecting. Finally got the wife to retire and we headed east for seventeen days and it was hotter then hot over there also. Thank God the air conditioner was working fine in the trailer. Got back yesterday and finally took a picture of my finds. Started out at the oldest park in this town and it didn't let me down. I got a couple of wheat's first and after about an hour and a half I'm thinking where is the old stuff. Finally got a really nice target and dug my plug. A good eight inches and when I flipped over my plug I saw two silver discs staring back at me and thought my heart was going to stop. I pulled the two coins out of the sod and ended up with a Barber half and a Barber quarter sitting right on top of the half. I think I crapped my shorts as this was a first for me. Filled in my hole and ran my coil over the spot again and about eight inches away I got another signal. Dug another plug and out pops a Barber dime. I'm thinking it was a pocket spill and eight inches away from my first hole is close enough in my book. A trip Barber spill I will remember always for sure.:clapping: I went back a few days later and got a 1908 V nickle and a Indian head that I can't find:ranting: Went back again in the evening after it cooled off and got a merc and a silver quarter. Dates are 1889 Barber half, 1914 Barber quarter, 1906 Barber dime, 35 merc, 44 quarter, 46, 52 and 53 wheaties, a nice silver ring and a 10kt gold bracelet. They kept the park well watered and it was pretty easy digging and I wasn't too worried about leaving any brown spots from my plugs. It was a great trip and hope to go back again down the road. I also want to check out a couple of old stage coach stops I found out about one of these days. Thanks for looking fellows and GL and HH to everyone.

Eddie

Neat Story, sounds like you had a good trip and a fun time.

Seriously you have just posted something I have not seen grouped together in a single hunt in a long time here.
You must have went out west to Barbersville????
Three Barbers all of different denominations. Now theres a Trifecta hunt. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Nice Gold Bracelet as well.

Eddie,That is what I would call a great bunch of finds!! Any Barber is great, but a half, a quarter and a dime in one spot is an exciting find !!
(by the way - check out that 1889 half; that would be a super rare date. LOL)
Bruce

but pretty darn close.:clapping: I looked up that Barber half and my 2010 coin book says a G4 is worth about $250.:jump: Guess that pays for the trip over there. Thanks again fellows and glad I was able to find something worth posting and share with you all. HH to everyone.

Eddie

but came real close.:clapping: I looked up that Barber half and a G4 condition is worth $250, so it paid for the gas going over there. Thanks again fellows and glad that I was able to post a great hunt with all of you. GL & HH to everyone.

Eddie

and it's actually a 1899. Not sure why I said it was 1889 and no excuse except for the fact that I didn't have my glasses on when I first looked at the date and just guessed that it was 1889 and never really took a closer look until after I put my foot in my mouth. Not worth the $250 I thought, but still priceless to me. Thanks for your understanding and I'll try and not make an @$$ out of myself in the future.

Eddie

Nice hunting Eddie.We finally got some rain here over the last few days so the ground isn't like concrete!