Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2006 totals for silver and gold...it was a great 10 months

Danimal

I thought I would share with the other Garrett users here my total finds in silver and gold from my first 10 months spent in this great (and highly addictive) hobby. So before I post a few pics, here's a brief list of what I have dug with my ACE250.
over 135 silver coins including:
51 Mercs
46 Rosies
4 silver halfs
2 SLQs
1 1879 Morgan dollar
3 Barber dimes
1 1792 Irish half pennyover 300 wheaties
32 buffalo nickles
3 V nickles
over 30 rings...5 of them solid gold, one old silver ring w/11 diamonds
lots of cool old relics, including a Confederate horse buckle cover, civil war buttons and tons of bullets and musketballs
close to $300 in clad
very old bronze pendant that some speculate my be up to 3500 yrs old
and a LOT of other cool stuff that fills a bunch of display cabinets

Thanks to the fellow Garrett users for your help, support and enthusiasm in this my first season

HH all!

I've been hunting since 1984 and I would be a proud digger if I found all that in a 5 year period! In 10 months - thats incredible! You have just shown that you don't need a $1000.00 detector to be productive - just persistent!

A lot of my success HAS been due to persistance and time spent hunting (probably averaged 12 hrs/wk), but the thing I think that led to a lot of nice finds was tons of research for older spots and meetinga number of people from online that shared their knowledge. In return I was happy to share some great spots with them. What goes around comes around ya know!

Oh yeah...and I have found that the ACE250 is one fine machine...at ANY price.

n/t

Excellent points.

I live in NE Ohio...and sure...I'll hunt w/anyone!! You might already know about some great spots and just don't know it!;)

My folks were from Ohio. I still have a few relatives there. I'm still not done for the year. I have some places for next year that might be promising, who knows. I'm headed for Reno in a few days for a week. We'll see what happens up there. :detecting: