Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2006 US Coins Found Using My Metal Detectors

BH505Man

Since I purchased my first First Texas product a Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 back in December of 2012, I've found over 2000 US coins.(2006 to be exact). Of these coins:here are the numbers found and their percentages.

Half Dollars - 3 JFKs - .14%
Quarters - 176 - 8.76%
Dimes - 335 - 16.69%
Nickels - 88 - 4.38%
Cents - 1405 - 70.03%

Total face value of these coins is $97.45. I also found a trade token that I sold for $100.00 to help purchase a 11"DD accessory coil and two silver pendants worth $40.00. I've found a collection of Hot Wheels and Matchbox toy cars, many foreign coins and lots of other interesting items. This just goes to show that metal detecting as a hobby can pay for itself if you are persistent and stick with it.

TheHunterGT said:
Great job man. 505 is a sleeper unit and does very well in the right hands...as you have shown.

I also found some of the coins using my Bounty Hunter Legacy 3500 and my Teknetics T2 Classic (all great detectors)
PS I gave my Pioneer 505 to my younger brother because I wanted to give him a decent detector to get him started in the hobby. I still have my T2 Classic and my Legacy 3500.

I owned a BH Land Ranger Pro. For my 2017 finds, 1648 quarters, 1395 dimes, 1350 pennies, 113 nickels, 7 $1 coins (clad), 1 half dollar (clad). I was averaging about 17 coins per hour and over $2 per hour.

whyicare said:
I owned a BH Land Ranger Pro. For my 2017 finds, 1648 quarters, 1395 dimes, 1350 pennies, 113 nickels, 7 $1 coins (clad), 1 half dollar (clad). I was averaging about 17 coins per hour and over $2 per hour.

WTG. Sounds like you get out a lot with your detector. Quite a feat. No doubt that you've paid off that detector by now. Those Bounty Hunters are great detectors for the money.

Thank you for your service Walt. Nice job on the coin finds!

It's great to hear that you are sharing the hobby by giving your 505 to your brother. :twodetecting: I hope he is as successful as you have been. :cheers:

wasp said:
Thank you for your service Walt. Nice job on the coin finds!

It's great to hear that you are sharing the hobby by giving your 505 to your brother. :twodetecting: I hope he is as successful as you have been. :cheers:

I was proud to serve & I would do it again if our country needed me.
BTW I found my first silver coin today a 1943 Washington quarter using my Teknetics T2 Classic. (See my post on the Teknetics forum)

Walt