Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2013 Claddage Finds with My PI :canadaflag:

Sven

I have been telling you guys how much I like using the PI detector I build...used it a lot more this year than last. It loves Canadian clad for sure.
This year been keeping PI and VLF finds separate.

Have been sticking all the PI clad: 5, 10, 25 cent coin finds into a separate container for eventual clean-up.
The lowly Pennies went into another plastic container. For now thats where they are going to stay.

I have dug about $100 in Loons and Toons as well, only a few are showing in the picture as I usually clean them up after hunting and spend them..LOL

So all these coins have come from parks, schoolyards, the beaches and a few other out of the way places.
Picked up a used tumbler last weekend, a small kids science type cheapie tumbler.

It worked ok for small handful coin loads, as that is all the plastic drum holds.
Sure took a day to tumble all the coins clean. Added a small amount of OxyClean into the drum along with some glass crafting beads to use as an abrasive cleaner. Stole the beads from my wife's craft room by the way. Plugged the tumbler in and about 1/2 hour later, dumped everything into a sifter to rinse them off.

So here's a picture of my finds which I have not counted out yet.

Did get a surprise during the cleaning, a silver 1964 dime. First silver coin for 2013.