Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2014 Forum. Thank You

Ricki7

Thanks To All , for posting the tips and stories , that make this Forum a daily read. Thanks to John ,for the great job he does here and sharing all his interesting skills.
Thanks to Mud for keeping me laughing and going to the dictionary . Thanks Waterwalker for the tips and video, I hope that you link the double class ring story to start 2015 .
My wish for 2015 would be that everyone post video and pics of the places they hunt and that we all get to hunt a dream location .
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Ricki7

Yeah Brother! :beers: This sure is a fun and inspiring place!..Well deserved Hat tip to John! Time to start strategizing for 2015! Whats the goal/skill to master?
Mud

My skills goals would be trash I'd , I'm still digging small targets just to be sure it's trash. Research is wil be my main focus , as one forum member said you can't find what isn't there. I'm looking for a resource for state , county and town laws , I wish they would post like they do for game hunters. I had a incident where I was clearly on park property 100 ft off the road and a guy stopped rolled his window down and we stared at each other for two minutes with out a word , then he pulled away quickly turned around and got out of his car . Not a word from him. I stood fast then he came over the ditch about ten feet before he lost his balls . I was thinking you better have a badge and a gun because I have a 18 inch lesche shovel that looks like a medieval war tool. He was not done yet he moved his car up about 100 ft and pulled over , I walked out where he could see me and he left after a minute or two. I hung around the area for 30 min To see if the police would show , they did not . I wish he would have asked who I was and what I was doing , I would have showed my permit and we could have chatted about MDing . Why he chose the intimidation tactic's ?,
The local beachs have not been productive , they are a real pain because of the aluminum nuggets from melted beer cans . Talking with my brother and friends I'm reminded of Spots like a sand bar that was near a wreck that divers use to practice at times it's 2-3 ft of water . Two old beach's had 100 stairs to access them that are long gone ; the old piers that reach far out and are still a hazard to boaters could hold some finds . This year I'm going to make use of my boat to do the shore line.I 'd like to learn how the water and wind make for the best hunting , you seem to have the knowledge down pat . Have you ever seeded the beach and water with coins to see where they end up after winter ? I have a couple of spots that are shale bottom or just a inch or two of gravel and sand . Would the targets tend to roll in or get trapped deeper. I see old blog post from this area that say they have very little luck around here . I have not seen any else on the beach and the parks police said he only saw one other guy . They do not allow digging in the grass only the sand or woods .
My finds goal is old stuff either from woods or water . I promised my wife a ring for Christmas , it didn't work out , the holes in the pull tabs kept breaking as I stretched them to fit.
HH

Happy New Year to everyone. I'd like to have more time to metal detect and do research. Having my home internet cut off the 15th of this month and will just use the public library 1-2 times per week for posting and research. I had access to a small area that was part of a larger area in another town and just could not get to it and told the people it might be next year and got the feeling I lost that opportunity. Hope all of you find the target of your dreams and stay safe doing it.