Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2015 tejon DD coil air test results

for what it's worth; air test with 2 different coils. I guess it's within spec from what i read here and there on the net (?)

5-6 beeps on battery, going for consistant tone response and consitant beeps.

tone all the way open, sens 10, silent disc 1 just over iron, no headphones, 2015 model tesoro DD coil.
1974 Penny= 9”
Nickel=9.75”
Dime=8.75”
Quarter= 10.5”
50 eurocents= 10.75”

tone all the way open, sens 10, silent disc 1 just over iron, no headphones, Lobo Coil.
1974 Penny= 7.75”
Nickel= 8.75”
Dime=7.5”
Quarter= 9.5” -9.75”
50 eurocents= 8.5”

It's deeper in all metal threshold, but i won't use that option, it needs to discriminate nails for me to be usable.

Pretty good difference. I think headphones and items in ground will be that much deeper.

Here's my air test from back then. My tests in disc are always set at iron. Stock 8x9 coil.
Air depth distance is determined by the last audible dig-able sound the target made.
I had several Tejons. The one that tested the best, the results are shown.
I use this air test as a reference to compare other top end machines from other companies.

Air tests are air tests, one detector may air test superbly and actual ground depth performance can be very poor.
I remember two older 80 and 90's machines I had at the same time I had that Tejon, they flat out performed the Tejon air testing, amazing.
Ground hunting depth was less than 1/2 of the air test.

Since I use air tests as a reference when buying used Tesoros, my air tests are done accurately so I can determine if the seller has or if I bought a
cold, average or hot machine.

Thanks for the input guys.

This was only tested with the new 11x8 DD coild that came with the detector, and the lobo coil.

I'll patiently wait till i come across a good deal on a used Vaquero or Tejon with that 8x9 coil, or just a 8x9 coil and re- test then to compare with Sven.

I've always understood that the allmetal option is always full power/sensitivity no matter how the control is set.. Sven's settings numbers 1 and 2 would seem to bear this out as there is no difference between them.
BB