Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

21ST HOUR ON NEW VAQ GIVES ME FIRST SILVER

metalfun

Sitting in my garage earlier today (my man cave) I thought why don't I take the Vaq out in my Yard for a while.The house we bought three years ago was built in 1953.About 21/2 years ago we had somme tornado about 20 miles from here and we got hea-------vy rain here.I went out the next day with my then ace 250 and my then 11 year old daughter to help me dig some targets.Less than 3 feet ffrom our front porch I found my oldest coim to date 1832 half dime.The next target I handed to my daughter to read the date for me,1889 Dad she said No you mean 1989 she said it again 1889 and sho nuff 1889 dime. (Thats the day I nicknamed her hawk eye )Next target was a 1904 IH.Now heres the funny part These targets were all a good ways apart.Not one other piece of silver could I find here for the next almost 3 years hunting with the Ace 250 Then with the Euroteck ETP BUT GUESS WHAT HAPPENED TODAY ON MY 21ST HOUR WITH THE VAQ? A 1947 Mercury Dime.I was so happy I kissed the VAQ.Guys this yard has been hunted alot by me.The Merk was a hair past 7 inches.I've read where guys would lick there coins in the field to see dates.I think thats worse than kissing the detector housing or is it?:unsure: Any way Disc one notch past iron 10 sen one o clock thresh.:tesoro: HH

There ya go!
Take it from me, silver, gold relics, coins...everything is in play when you use a Vaq.
Some have had bad times with this thing in heavy iron, I never did because there are techniques and specific sounds in those tones that will tell you much once you understand the language.
The standard coil is a great all around but I also enjoy using the big DD and the small round concentric sniper.
Both of those coils easily paid for themselves with one gold ring find not long after I got them but they have both gone on to find so much more.
The dam has broken...way more to come I am sure.

Oh I know how you must feel.:) Digging deep and recovering a old silver coin with my Vaquero gets my blood to flowing. As far as licking coins to see the date, I try my very best to keep from doing that. In good rich soil 100% of the soil that I'm digging is worm castings. If you're looking around and seeing piles of dog poop in a area that been there for a longtime, you can can bet that just about anywhere you dig will a bit of dog poop and urine mixed in with the soil. If I just have to see the date, I spit on the coin, rub the spit around a little with my finger and then wipe it off with a small hand towel that I keep tucked in around my belt. Oh yeah I almost forgot to mention what birds and dead things have left behind over the years. Sometimes I get super excited when I find a big ole silver coin or a gold ring and lick a lot of crap.:)

One other thing, I use a lot of other brands of detectors and I don't find the Vaquero to operate any worse in big iron than they do. Now my Outlaw and Bandido II µMax do a bit better around iron, but once you get used to the Vaquero you can pretty much tell it's big iron by how the audio tone responds.

tabman

Thats a really good find , I think you are hooked now . I made my best find ever in my yard sometimes we don't have to go far

Thanks guys I stand corrected It was a 1941 merk not a 47.Thats even better.I'm thinking that learning how to hunt by sound instead of looking at a meter will only make me a better hunter.Enjoying the Vaq.HH