Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

22.5 vs. 2.5

RacerX

So this keeps getting brought up and I don't want to hijack another thread so thought I'd start one. Most people seem to understand 2.5 is the deepest frequency.

For me, in my ground, I can hear a deep silver coin better with 22.5 - at least in my test bed. (That is speaking of single frequency vs. single frequency - I'm getting similar depth with 3 frequency and correlate on)

A little more solid evidence that 22.5 runs deeper here is that when pinpointing a deep coin the 22.5 (blue line) is dominant. Or am I misunderstanding what the frequncy lengths are telling me in pinpoint??

So far to me it seems the dominant frequency in pinpoint mode is indicative of depth rather than identifying a given metal. i.e. a sliver coin can have any frequency as the dominant one depending on depth. I'd have to watch it again but I don;t think that concurs with the V3 instructional DVD?

Whichever frequency responds best to the coin, that frequency will be the dominant frequency. So, if you have a nickel, the 22.5kHz frequency (blue) will be biggest. For a dollar, the 2.5kHz (green) should be largest. (And add the appropriate caveats here - depth, machine tracked, ground effects... all can have an effect on what the detector sees).

Except in salt mode. Then blue is always max for the most part.

I run the 7.5 for relics as a single due to it's picking up lead/brass etc better. It sure works on a 10" deep penny better than the other freqs...and better than 3 combined.