Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

22 mintue video of last hunt

Buried Crap NJ

Setting on the sensitivity was 4.5 discrimination 3, volume 1/3 (I have Gold Master Headphones) Threshold very low hum in All metal
Made this video only cause I shot 2 hours the other day and didn't want it to go to waste. There is some information in this if you look closely. Note the head shadows I am always looking at the ocean either to wash the basket or next wave or direction I am going next.
You will see I don't waste time starting to hunt again by looking at the target (for the video I show it very wasteful) Lots of times I'll walk with a sand in the scoop waiting for a wave or next target. I'll check the hole before leaving ,look in the same general area,(like items stay together). You see I when the target indicates any depth I take three scoops check the pile before the waves.(timing) All this goes along way in putting more targets in you pouch by the end of the day. I see many hunters with magnify loops looking to see what the date is??????
You can look at home. This hunt produces 121 coins in 4.5 hrs 26 quarter 24 dimes 10 nickels 61 pennies,little trash do to the cut taking away the light targets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AN-IpRgMlE&feature=youtu.be

Nice video on target recovery speed. I often hunt to the water with a full basket. Rinsing is easier than shaking. It has been a while since I was in targets like you were.

goodmore said:
Nice video on target recovery speed. I often hunt to the water with a full basket. Rinsing is easier than shaking. It has been a while since I was in targets like you were.

This is my post from another page.
Made this video only cause I shot 2 hours the other day and didn't want it to go to waste. There is some information in this if you look closely. Note the head shadows I am always looking at the ocean either to wash the basket or next wave or direction I am going next. You will see I don't waste time starting to hunt again by looking at the target (for the video I show it very wasteful) Lots of times I'll walk with a sand in the scoop waiting for a wave or next target. I'll check the hole before leaving ,look in the same general area,(like items stay together). You see I when the target indicates any depth I take three scoops check the pile before the waves.(timing)
All this goes along way in putting more targets in you pouch by the end of the day. I see many hunters with magnify loops looking to see what the date is?????? You can look at home!

Never lived near an ocean but...That looks like some fun times!!

I always set my disc at "0", next time I will give "3" a try and see if I can stop digging those annoying metal hair berets that give that broken tone, never have used sens at 4.5, mostly keep it between 6 and 7. We just don't have that much iron in the ground. Thanks, HH

John I don't use the discriminations to discriminate I use it for threshold control, that is to get the lowest tone. Used along with the volume control one can get a sweet hum that will break ever so slightly for a deep target. This along with proper coil control is key.This setting was just the last place it was when I stopped hunting. During the hunt it was moved dozens of time as I moved about the beach.
BCNJ

John(Tx) said:
I always set my disc at "0", next time I will give "3" a try and see if I can stop digging those annoying metal hair berets that give that broken tone, never have used sens at 4.5, mostly keep it between 6 and 7. We just don't have that much iron in the ground. Thanks, HH

Would this keep the threshold from constantly changing? Guess I need to play with mine some more. Thanks, John