Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

250 in coin hunt

Maxwedge

Hi

I want to use my sons 250 in club coin hunt saturday. When I get to use it, I prefer the sniper coil. You can use it fast and pinpointing is easy in parks with shallow targets. Should i use it on surface dimes in planted hunt or use stock coil. This sniper is really quick when you swing it fast. I like pinpointing with it and am comfortable with that. Whats best? Thanks-Mark

Mark,

I've never hunted in a club event (and I also LOVE the sniper) but if it were me I'd use the stock coil in the hunt simply because it will cover a lot more ground per swing.

If they are dimes near the surface they will be trivial to pinpoint with the stock coil. When the front part (toe) of the inside loop of the stock coil is over the dime your 250 will sound like a slot machine that's just hit a jackpot (that's how my wife describes the sound). And if you KNOW they are near the surface you can uses 4 or 3 bars as a sensitivity setting and it will be even easier to pinpoint.

See what others think...
and Good Luck!

However you just can't beat the 4" coil. For a coin hunt I would use the larger coil for the coverage and just turn the sen. down. :D :D .

My 9 YO daughter used her 250 in the kids hunt last weekend. She found more coins than the other kids. I turned the senditivity down 2 or 3 bars showing. Keep coil flat to the ground, dont whip the coil, search a pattern, just like you were hunting a yard. Accurate pinpointing and fast digging make a lot of difference. Look at the photos. My daughter had lots of fun. Thats what its all about.I used my Explorer 2 The pics are finds we both made.

Hey cloctor, it was nice chatting with you this morning. Hope I was able to help with some answers for you. I love the fact that your little girl hunts with you....THAT IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!:minelab::garrett::coiltec::clapping:

Thanks people for the suggestions. I'll use the reg. coil on the coin vacuum. Awesome coins, Cloctor. I didn't know an explorer would go fast enough to get that many in a coin hunt. That's cool. Thanks-Mark

Dunno...If the coins are no deeper than 5-6
inches, I would probably use the sniper being you
are comfortable with it. I don't think most coin
hunts plant too deep, unless maybe thats part of
the test... I too kinda prefer the sniper coil for
plunking coins. I'm pretty sure I go the fastest
with that coil, #1 cuz I more easily dodge the
trash, and #2 it is pretty fast to pinpoint.
If you swing fast, you can still cover some ground,
and it just happens that the machines get the most
depth from a fast swing anyway.. :) Just stay low
to the ground so you don't waste depth and coverage
at the deeper depths.
MK

Thanks people

I got twenty silver dimes,2 silver quarters, an ike dollar and a token for a gold separating pan. And the food and friends are the best.
Thanks
Mark

After the fact but I use my ACE 250 for club planted hunts even though I own a high dollar GTI 2500. It's soo much lighter to swing and doesn't tire you out. The stinger coil is too small and doesn't cover ground fast enough. I recently unted a team hunt where part of the coins were at or below 6". I was the only one on the team that recovered a deep coin, 2 of them, one at 6" and the other at 9". My sensitivity was set at the 4th notch. Don't worry about depth on a club hunt, the ACE will reach the deep ones.

Good thread here!!

Going to a seeded hunt in KY this weekend. This info really helped:thumbup:.

Gonna use the 250 with stock coil and sensitivity at 3-4 bars.

Will report how it went when I get back in a couple of weeks:|

Isn't Coinshooting a great way to be with your kids?
My Grandchildren love hunting with me. My youngest Grandson who is 4 yrs. old tells everyone "PaPa has a money making machine." In a way he is correct as I found about 1200 coins last year and about $200.00 in silver coins. Not bad for a beginner.
John D.

Hi

Didn't really notice any interference from other detectors, but usually turned and avoided people. There was plenty of room.
Thanks
Mark