Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2500 and sticking buttons!

TallTexan

Hi, I have had my 2500 for a little over a month now. I am experiencing the little yellow buttons sticking in the "pushed-in" position. It is easy to un-stick the buttons, but is this an issue I should take-up with Garrett? Thanks for the input.......Martin.

Sticking buttons on the 2500 plagued me for a while also, and I am sure this has bothered a number of other people as well. I called Garrett about the problem and the response was

Man, I've heard about guys having trouble with this, but I've never had any problems with it.:shrug:Not that I can remeber.:garrett:Happy Hunting!:)

[size=medium]When I first got my 2500 and took it on the first hunt I got my pin-point button stuck and it took me a few minutes to figure out what went wrong. I did it a couple more times later on but I quickly figured out that with my machine if I push straight down on the center of the button instead of down and forward, there was no problem[/size]. I've heard of the sticking buttom problem before but think it's more of when the buttom is pushed down and the top of the button gets slid under the faceplate. If it's pushed directly straight down , it comes back up every time. At least on my machine.

HH

Curt

After some use, well alot of use, mine quit doing that. They must wear in or something before they don't stick. Big pain in the rump but you take the good with the bad.... Todd

I hunt with light leather gloves on, and it can be a problem. After you use it awhile, you'll get used to it, and the problem will cease. In some ways, sticking the Pin Point down can be of help when the signal is elusive.

Alan Applegate

Had the same thing happen to me. Thought right from the beginning it could be a problem, if you didn't keep the buttons clean. So I keep a small brush with me in the car and after every hunt I clean around the buttons and edges. Seems to help some.