Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2500 imaging

A

Anonymous

Hi All!
2 weeks ago I bought a 2500 and am sloooowwwwlllly getting used to it. I have a question on the imaging function. I've read a test review of the machine online and his conclusions were that the imaging was not accurate below 5-6 inches and would end up showing a large object at 12 inches for a lot of the deeper targets, regardless of real size. This is a big deal for me at the moment, because the site I am now working is old and I have dug 2 Large Cents and a Quarter at 5" (with proper size imaging) but I am wondering if I am passing over anything worthwhile a tad deeper. I have hit several targets that are in the 7-10 range, but I have a hard time imaging them, and more often than not end up on the large target at 12 inches. I am also seeing a pyramid type image on some targets where almost all the sizes are lit up. Any info would sure speed up the learning curve.
Thanx,
Gary

You just need to put some hours under your belt like any other detector out there. Sound on the GTI is still the key and once you learn the sharpness of the tones in conjunction of the imaging it will make much more sense. Right now you are looking at the GTI doing more of the work and to be successful with any machine it just doesn't work that way. If I had to give you something to try and help it would be to lesten to what the pinpoint is telling you. A very deep coin with have a very slight hum where a bigger target won't pinpoint bang on from different directions and will sound stronger.

Two weeks is not near enough time spent with your machine to figure ot all its quirks. Depending on soil conditions, dry or damp ground, and a host of other things, the 2500 will image accurately beyond 5-6 inches.
But don't depend on the machine to do all the work and all the thinking for you. Detecting is 10% machine, 90% operator. Learn every little quirk about your machine and it will be good to you. Imaging is just a tool not a panacea to all things.
Any machine will detect deeper than it can ID, image, or whatever. Keep that in mind.
Bill

Imaging is only reliable in the 0 - 4 inch range. All metal mode will go MUCH deeper than discrim mode, but you lose the multi-tones and notch filters. I was very disappointed with discrim mode's performance. I missed a lot of targets while in descrim mode, so I soon switched to all metal.