Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2500 Question????

bigealive

I had to send my 2500 (it was a year old) in and they rebuild it with a new mother board. Anyways, I got going with it again and it seems to be real jumpy on coins. For an example, I can scan over the same place and it will jump around from pulltab to 25 cent. I dig it up to find out and it is a wheat. Only target around it. Before I sent it in I never had that problem unless there were multiple targets near each other and I honestly could tell with a high percentage the difference between wheats/memorials/indian heads. I have done 5 new sites and no silver, no indian heads. Just new stuff, maybe 3 wheats and iron. Maybe this is just a slump I am in but before the rebuild I could hit any 1800's home and almost guarantee a indian head or silver. IS IT THE DETECTOR or SOMETHING ELSE. I am afraid I am missing alot Could it be the batteries (The battery meter is always full but I know they have probably 4-5 hours on them), is it shooting deeper and picking up other garbage, didn't they fix it completely????? Is there something they did to it to make it more sensitive? I am completely loss. Any ideas on where to go from here.
A little background info. sens. at 8 1/2 to 9 1/2. Disc. = zero. thres. = 4.5 (just so I can hear a slight hum).

You might want to check to make sure your cable isn't flopping around as well, as this can cause some falsing. If your batteries aren't getting a clean connection then the detector can give you all sorts of grief (like you are describing) One other thing you may want to check. If you have a coil cover on, pull it off and clean it and the coil, as loose debris can cause problems too. If it's still playing up, then you may want to contact Garrett's again and explain what is going on. It's possible that a techie may have bumped something out of whack without realising it.
Good luck with it.
Mick Evans.

Okay okay here is one for the ages... I put in brand new batteries and the same result. Jumping all over when scanning anything. Bill I have the sens. down all the way and still doing it. Took the coil cover off and low and behold a small piece of alum. can was stuck under the coil. barely visible. I may be an idiot. Thanks for attempting to help.

YOU NEED TO SEND IT BACK IN!!! I went through 5 GTI 2500s before the factory got it right, I am an electronics tech and these guys like to skimp on correct repair work !! Call the factory and complain you paid alot for the 2500 and they should make it function properly no ifs ands or buts about it, :twodetecting::rant:

Didn't know you had a cover on or that would have been my first shot. Any debris or moisture inside the cover will drive you and your tector nuts. One reason I don't use one. Glad you solved the problem.

Bill