Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2500 Question

Yankees

Hello all, I would like to hear from the Pros on their opinions about the 2500. I am contemplating a trade for one and would like to hear as much info as possible. Thank you all in advance

I have been running a 2500 for about 10 years, it is a great detector but, to reiterate what almost every detectorist will tell you, you have to take the time to learn the machine. The 2500 is the best machine Garrett makes and it has a lot of great features, but those features make it a challenging detector to use correctly. You can take it out of the box and run it on the default factory settings and it will find lots of targets that are shallow where the ground is clean and not too mineralized. But all of these things will be challenges at the default settings and can frustrate you. But if you take the time and adjust the detector to the conditions----change the sensitivity and such----the 2500 has few peers. Read the posts on this forum and see what others have been doing with the 2500. I still learn things from some of the outstanding detectorists who post here and it makes my outings with my 2500 more rewarding. I have hunted Civil War relics in some pretty demanding conditions and the 2500 has pulled finds both deep and out from among the trash, but I had to make adjustments to the settings. If you trade for a 2500 you are going to have an outstanding detector on your hands. Make sure you plan to learn about it and it will be all you expect of it. Good luck and happy hunting.

Thanks Mark i appreciate your post, I am possibly trading a Explorer XS so I hope this is a little easier learning curve.

The 2500 is one the, if not the best detector out there. With the new mineral chip that comes with it now you can hunt anywhere in the world. There is a bit of a learning curve with it and it is a breed all its own. If you hunt with it like you do other detectors you can become frustrated, but if you hunt with it like you're supposed to you'll be a very happy man. I think I have a field test on it in the archives. I'll try to punch it up for you. There have been many oustanding finds made with this machine as it is the Cadillac of the Garrett line. In all metal the depth is awesome and then you can hook it up to the Treasure Hound and you have a two-boxer that will find stuff several feet down in case you're looking for a buried trasure. Good luck in your decision. Should you get one there is lots of help here for you as many experienced users call this forum home.

Bill

After ten years you ought to know it pretty well and I'm sure it has rewarded you well. Do you have the new mineral chip in it? Garrett just started installing it about a year ago at the request of the boys in Australia. You can get it installed for about $40 as I recall and then never have to worry about heavy mineralization again. Just checking.

Bill

Thanks Uncle Willy, yes, I had to send it in about a year ago for an unrelated service that Garrett took care of in their usual excellent fashion and they offered to install it at that time. You mentioned to Yankee that you would pass your 2500 field test to him. I recall reading it a few years ago but wold welcome the opportunity to do so again, if you can pass it to me, or a link to it I would be most grateful. Thank you. Mark

Im sold guys this is certainly one of the better forums that i would love to be part of. I am going forward with the trade and cant wait to get started, that info would be great Uncle Will.

I've had a GTI2500 for several years and have hunted, mostly, in coin mode. I am looking for some good advice as to the best settings in the all metal mode as, when I have attempted to hunt in all metal mode, I have a problem getting a solid threshold sound like we used to get in auto mode with the old VLF Deepseekers. How can I get a solid threshold in all metal? I would like to do more deep hunting. The Deepseeker auto mode was great.

Swanie...I think the 2500 is a bit more sensitive those older machines, set in on fast track in all metal and set sensivity on 9-7. If you want even more stability in all metal, cut off the fast track and use manual ground balance. After you have cut off fast track, just hold the all metal button and bob coil up and down 2-6 inches to set it and she is balanced. Then you can do micro adjustments in menu for slightly positive or negitive ground balance. I love the all metal mode and is what i use most.

Alan in Oregon

Yeah it ain't nothing like the oldies with all metal and much easier to fiddle with or just use " Fast Track" and you;re off and running and then "Auto Track" will keep it balanced.. On manual GB there are 256 adjustments. Can't get any finer tuning than that. Don't forget to hold the coil about two inches off the ground when in all metal.

Bill.