Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2500 Questions,,

BJ in Okla.

I just got a 2500,,,I have used a 1500 in the past...

1. is this a SS unit, I have noticed that with targets that are disc-ed out, when you wave them under the coil, the threshold never nulls ???

2. witch is better the Garrett 4.5" coil or the 6" DD from Kellyco ???

3. Is the new 9.50 black coil better that the old 9.50 white coil ???

4. If I remember right, using disc Rob's it of some depth, true ???

5. Does the imaging work deeper on the 2500 than it did on the 1500 ???

6. How good is the 2500 in iron and rusty nails and rusty bottle caps ???

7. Does shifting freqs cause any lose in depth ???

I see they did away with the Treasure Talk...

Any Tips ????

Thanks...HH..
BJ

Wow, that's a lot of tough questions. I don't think the 2500 is any deeper than the 1500 because there is a limit on how much power they are allowed to have. I think the 2500 just has more bells and whistles and can be better fine tuned. About the only time my 2500 nulled was when the coil was over a very large iron content target. For Instance I once had it null out over what I found out was an old iron door to a pot bellied wood burning stove. It did the same thing to a hubcap. I kinda liked Tresure Talk myself , but it wasn't really necessary to operate the detector. It was just one of those things that set it apart from other detectors. I also found out that nice lady would lie to you on occasioin. :rolleyes: Onus

Thanks Onus, I have read that the 2500 has a real deep true all metal mode...
That nice Lady was just guessing,lol..
BJ

As for the new questions..

The 2500 has a true all metal mode which will pick up tiny targets much better then the 1500. It has a straight mono tone for it's targets, but still gives you a cursor for a probable ID. The true all metal mode can also be manual ground balanced. The 2500 also has surface blanking, so you can eliminate the shallow targets and only dig the deeper ones. The Imaging works the same on both the 1500 & 2500. Shifting the frequency doesn't really affect the depth....only the EMI interference or interference from another metal detector.

It is true...the all metal mode of the 2500 is very deep. One of the deepest on the market still.

BJ, I have used my 2500 for a year now, and I can assure you that it absolutely LOVES iron nails! Most times they show up as a penny or dime, sometimes even a quarter, and can be as deep as ten inches. Even rusty nail heads or tiny finishing nails give a bell tone. I've asked before on this forum how to discriminate rusty nails out, but the vast silence tells me that everyone else is having the same problem. I'm really looking forward to getting the AT Pro. Jugg

Well Jugg,
There is no perfect unit, I have used so many units, they all have there good and bad, maybe we can figure out away to help tell when we have rusty nails. But I have dug a nail and have something good in the hole with it...
I used a CZ for years and people say they love iron, with the CZ I ran in Zero disc.
When the coil was over iron or a rusty nail, it was a low tone and the meter said iron, but when you came off the nail, it would jump to a high tone, and show high coin on the meter.....People that notched out iron, all they would hear was the high tone and dig it, thinking it was a coin.
I have just air tested my 2500 with all kinds of targets, I will not be hunting until I get a coil cover....
Another thing to remember is, that nails and other iron leaches into the ground, and gives a higher reading than it should, this fools a lot of units..
Maybe running the unit hot with a lot of Sens makes it like nails....There may be a trick to figuring this out...
Even the Explorer with its Ferrous reading can be fooled....

HH...BJ

Answer for question #2: That (actually 5" ) DD Excelerator from KellyCo ROCKS! I've had mine for years and I've made alot more good finds(gold jewelry, etc.)with it than the 4.5" Scorcher. It's deeper and covers more ground at depth. However they are both great search coils. For instance, the 4.5" Scorcher is double shielded coaxial, meaning that it does not detect above the coil. So, you can tilt the searchcoil down and get right next to metal poles and playground equipment while searching parks and tot lots to get all those targets that were missed by people using search coils that couldn't get close to the metal poles and such. I do prefer the 5" DD Excelerator, though. It's a powerful little search coil.:detecting:

Answer for question #3: I personally prefer the original white stock 9.5" Imaging search coil. It's weighs less than the black rhinotough coil and pinpoints more easily in my opinion. However, this may have something to do with teaching an old dog new tricks.:spin:

If you wanna go really deep(on coins and jewelry/relics and such)use the old 12.5" Scorcher non-imaging search coil in all metal mode.
Really, really deep on larger items(soda can sized and above)use the two-box depth multiplier.
Best of luck to ya!:biggrin:Happy Hunting!:)