Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

27 DENIERS.... After Dinner Hunt :usan:

jimpugh

[size=x-large]5:30pm----- Hey Jamie.....hows it going its been raining wanna go hunt ?
Ya---- Jim we can go till 10:30pm Going to take my wife dancing.... band starts at 11
sounds good to me see you... after I get my gear ready and grab a bite.... mind if Shawn Goes?
Heck No tell him to come On ..... hunt with US....come by and get me when you are ready
See ya BUD...

5:45pm---- Hey Shawn wanna go Hunt with Jamie and I.......Jamie said it was Kewl
Ya Jim ----- call me before you go get Him....I'll meet y'all at the site...

Thus began the Friday night 7:00 PM - 10:00PM hunt with my hunting Buddies...

After reading some post today.... I had decided to challenge my self .....To hunting with Just the stock machine with stock coil .....I have used the 12X15....6 inch DD Detech and

a Sunray 5 DD.... All have Proved to be the best at what they do and overlap any holes in my search patterns and applications ....I will say they all have characteristics that I value and give

me even a greater edge in a changing environment of target recoveries.....

The post had made me think of challenging my abilities with the TRAC......to just the stock coil .....what one would have if they just opened the box ......Knowing I would be recovering Old

ground and extreme Trash with an accumulation from 1699 to present day era ......Basically tying one hand behind my back.....making the stock Coil Do it all... and do it well.....I have played

these games with myself for close to 30 years now.....I always compete against myself never against a fellow human being.....I want every one to be the best they can be in this great hobby.

Me and Jamie arrive at the site jokingly... I tell Jamie....O... I better back up....do not want to park on top of any old coins.....

We get our gear ready off Jamie goes .....I get ready and work a tight pattern with the stock coil beep beeep a piece of POT metal ....Darn..... limited time and the pressure is on my self

Oh well .....what was I thinking ......but ....I am even more determined... Now more than ever... I tighten up my coil control even more.....16 feet from the car I get another Beep ...strange this

one is tight you have to be on down to a 1/4 inch square or it might as well be a mile.....but I got it.... and..... I know it is mixed with iron....it is A " One Way" as we call em it hits sweet on the X

axis but nadda on the Y axis......... I dig it out and this IS what I see...... the First one on the right..... BINGO.... I go show Jamie ..... He said " first 5 min into the hunt that is a new record" he is

fired up now....

[attachment 109892 11-7-2008105810PM.jpg]

Shawn shows up I show him and he gets fired up and off we go again .....

I am back at it..... the pressure is off now...... but I still have that determination in my eye ...MAKE IT HAPPEN.....

continuing with my tight pattern nuking it out... in the trenches ....keep it tight ...control that coil .......1/4 inch might as well be a mile......focus....you and the machine become one...an altered

state....an hour or so later middle one comes to DADDY......Shawn and Jamie are really fired up and Shocked they do not know what is going on ......with Me ......

Back at IT ..... Shawn walks up and it is now his turn ....he said "hold out your hand" .... I smile and I comply ...next thing you know I have a 6 pond french solid shot cannon ball

in my hand .......DANG.... Shawn... that bad boy is heavy .....I shake my head and say there are more in that area .....Sweet...Sweet... Sweet....

well Jamie is really stoked now ......He has been digging like a fiend......trying to figure what is going on.......but.... lovin ...it just the same ....

back at it again keeping my pattern tight ....maximum ground coverage and hour later or more Bingo about 10 -11 inches sweet sound... out comes the one on the left ......I broke my own

record for 3 X 9 DENIERS in a single Day..... As I was showing Shawn..... he said... what ...another One...he was stoked ....he knows me well and knows I am on fire ......He calls me back as

the hole.... I was watching him dig.... produces 2... 12 pounders ....I said holy crap Shawn you going to start a war .....so we go show Jamie our finds together it is kinda a unspoken rule to

show and tell when the dirt is still coming of the artifacts plus we share all our research and area plotting of good finds......Jammie is Smiling ear to ear....as Shawn tells Jamie to hold out

his hands...but this time it s even more heavy with the 2 ...12's....... I show him my third Colonies.....he said... that's another record for you... aint it Jim .... On the way back ...Jammie.. said I

found a thimble ... Shawn said ....let us see it.... turns out to be silver with makers marks with Fleur d les and Maltese cross's.... very sweet find for Jammie or any one for that matter.....
[attachment 109893 11-7-2008110108PM.jpg]

Well..... we all had a great 3 hour hunt ....a lot of walking back and forth to one another which fans the fires... and gives each other a break.... from intense detecting and digging.....

So what did I accomplish....I will let you decide......But I think it was contagious... And it was most defiantly FUN .........And I know what I know About a STOCK E-TRAC....

************These events are REAL and NO names Have been Changed*************

AS Always

Happy Trails
jim pugh[/size]

:super: Right on Jim!