Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2nd and 3rd GOLD yesterday, one with 3 SMALL rocks

Been 2 months since I found 1st gold wedding band. Last evenings low tide "brought forth" the following.....

Mens is 14k band was about 10" deep in wet "black" sand in "washed-out" area.

The ladies 14k "white' was deeper in same area, but below a layer of shell. The "rocks" are small, but appear to be real.

Are you getting tuned in to that Quattro gold sound? Looks like to me that with the nickels, the aluminum scrap, and the pulltabs that you are dead on the right track. Whenever I hear a pulltab with my Excalibur I know that I MIGHT have a gold ring. But when I hear a gold ring, I KNOW I have a gold ring. Hard to explain...I just know I like hearing them. :)

Thanks Mike....

The gold mans ring had a tone that I didn't really think was a pull-tab. My immediate thought was gold. The ladies ring sounded just like a pull tab. I would have bet it was a pull tab too. I need to find MORE gold to get the tones in the "database"! Guess I need to go back to the "garden".

Hit the beach again this morning and found a "wash-out" that looked to be just like the one further down the beach where I hunted last evening. Found some pull tabs and small pieces of foil. It did look to be the same from above, but did not find any "black" sand under the surface.

Nice finds.

I would not head back to the garden for more gold tones. I feel that you really have to get the "real thing" to make much differenct. Rings in the sand lay in all sorts of positions and in the garden are usually in one. Plus, unless your garden has salt water around it, you probably will not get quite the same tone.

Mike, I know what you mean about rings with the Excal. 99% pull tabs are just that but every so often I get surprised. But a gold tone, now that is a tone I am getting to know, and like a lot.