Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2nd AT Pro problems

erjtej

Hi All! Got my replacement AT Pro Saturday ( first one the pro mode didn't work) but couldn't test until today because of work. Well, looks like it has to go back too. Completely erratic at times in all modes, pinpoint ramps up even with coil held over my head in the air. Couldn't detect a quarter on top of the ground when it was acting up. Called Garrett and they may send another coil. I got it home and played with it, turned it on and it worked perfectly. Moved through some settings and it started acting up again. I noticed how it falses when you shake the coil, so I tried that to see if it changed anything. Finally wiggled the strain relief where it enters the head and it went nuts again. By moving the cord there I can make the pinpoint not work, lock up any mode, and cause it to not pick up any coins. You guys might want to try this on yours, hope it isn't a widespread problem. Take care and HH! Earl.

Got out today and tried it out again. It didn't work when I first tried it, but after wiggling the connection for awhile it settled in and worked as it should. Really good depth and target separation was amazing. I found 2 dimes a quarter and a penny in about 10 minutes in an area that has been hunted hard (a drained swimming beach). The dimes were from 6 inches to 8 inches deep in wet blue clay and the quarter was around 8 inches, the penny about 10 inches. All the targets were in heavy trash concentrations and came through very clear in audio response. I hope to get another coil from Garrett soon and hopefully solve the problem. If it will work as good as it did today, it is definitely a keeper.