Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2nd attempt with tdi, beach and land

GazinUK

Well, took the p.i to the beach for my 2nd session with it and turned up the usual rubbish, about 25 bits in total, most between the low and high water mark, best 2 bits if you can call them that were the ring and bracelet, tat!!
However I changed my route home and to my surprise they were re-drilling a pea field, nearly 100 acres in total We've had insufficient rain here on the east coast (UK) and they'd failed, now this is one of the fields I've bought a p.i for. It's produced 11 hammered silver since being ploughed last autumn and we know there's stuff there. Yes I dug a few iron bits, but I did have it set to accept all, however dug 3 non ferrous, 2 bits of lead and a broken buckle. I still have to work out the best way to use the p.i in this situation, my guess is quiet whispery signals only. Am back tomorrow when it's been rolled.

Attachments

• 20220610_132822.jpg
    20220610_132822.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 20220610_132244.jpg
    20220610_132244.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 68
Well, took the p.i to the beach for my 2nd session with it and turned up the usual rubbish, about 25 bits in total, most between the low and high water mark, best 2 bits if you can call them that were the ring and bracelet, tat!!
However I changed my route home and to my surprise they were re-drilling a pea field, nearly 100 acres in total We've had insufficient rain here on the east coast (UK) and they'd failed, now this is one of the fields I've bought a p.i for. It's produced 11 hammered silver since being ploughed last autumn and we know there's stuff there. Yes I dug a few iron bits, but I did have it set to accept all, however dug 3 non ferrous, 2 bits of lead and a broken buckle. I still have to work out the best way to use the p.i in this situation, my guess is quiet whispery signals only. Am back tomorrow when it's been rolled.
Well, that's proved some YouTube videos wrong, yes you can eliminate nails using the GB but anything under the surface still rings through. I've got a bagful of iron to prove it. May have to invest in a mono coil also, as have noticed that the dual coil fitted is only responsive under the tdi logo. Found 1 piece of non ferrous which was a bicycle tyre valve.

Wow nice. I have a whites tdi sl sitting here wanting to take it out. The last time I took it to the beach all I had was the original coil. What size coil do you have on yours ?
At the moment it's fitted with the 12" dual coil, however I think it may be faulty or not suitable for inland searching. Never tested it "in air" till today and it only seems sensitive under the tdi logo.