Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2nd go around

ArnieTX

I traded my etrac for a V3i last year but the romance was short lived. I went back to the etrac after a month of struggle with the Whites. Well, I ordered a brand new machine last night and will give it another go. This time I will stick it out.

I really think the last machine I had, had issues. Looking forward to tackling it again.

ArnieTX

Arnie.sounds like my experience. Keep us posted I too may go another round with a V3i... I think mine had some issues with filter adjustments.
.................................or............or.I just didn't get it ..:rofl:

The V is a hand full no doubt. but when it all comes together it is one sweet powerhouse........
I've had mine for over a year and am still learning..... I have made some really great finds with it in that time though.

I just recently purchased a V3i 2 days ago, and after having a VX3 for a little while, i believe the V3i could use a better instructional manual. I know that as many options that the V3i has, whites would have to print a book in order to go into detail about all its features.. But, i think there are some features they need to go into in order to help help their customers. JMO. HH

yowow#1 said:
I just recently purchased a V3i 2 days ago, and after having a VX3 for a little while, i believe the V3i could use a better instructional manual. I know that as many options that the V3i has, whites would have to print a book in order to go into detail about all its features.. But, i think there are some features they need to go into in order to help help their customers. JMO. HH

Rob's links is a wealth of info that you may find helpful.
Rob's Links

Again I say too many people with a new detector get the advice saying "adjust this, change that, boost this" and end up totally confused and give up. Load up a default program with default settings and master that before you go turning things up and down.

First thing I HAD to do was get the tones under control....... I couldn't stand the cacophony of a different tone for each VDI number.......
I set the tones to a single tone for the most part, and a small variance for the silver range.
I also opened up the entire range to accept all targets, No discrimination, I use a zero tone for the areas I would discriminate out.
You can find more about that in Rob's Links....... Here..ZERO TONES

All you have to do is ask a specific question and you will get the information. Best results will happen it you ask about one thing in each post.

The printed V3i manual is not as in depth as the V3 manual because the V3i has an onboard manual. Also the VX3 is a very informative manual. :wiggle:

I relic hunt 99% of the time and had my Etrac running no disc(open screen) and Two Tones Ferrous. Iron was a low grunt and everything above it was a high tone. I hunt a lot of open fields and brush and like to hear the iron because it's my key to slow down and work a spot.

I would like to set the V3i up similarly to the Etrac in this manner. It will be here Wednesday and I'm ready.

ArnieTX said:
I relic hunt 99% of the time and had my Etrac running no disc(open screen) and Two Tones Ferrous. Iron was a low grunt and everything above it was a high tone. I hunt a lot of open fields and brush and like to hear the iron because it's my key to slow down and work a spot.

I would like to set the V3i up similarly to the Etrac in this manner. It will be here Wednesday and I'm ready.

You have to try mixed mode stereo in those iron infested areas. Pick single frequency 7.5 and you will be digging all day in those areas you thought nothing was left at.

It has brought all my hunted out sites back to life. Throw on a 8x6 sef and start finding all the masked items, including pocket watches at 10" and wheats at 6"+. The etrac could not do it for me and I gave it a heck of an effort.