Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2nd Gold Ring with my Tejon in a couple of days:clapping:

Craig

Went out today for about an hour. First place I headed was the play ground area. It was completely empty and had just been raked from the weekend to clean out the trash. I went right to the swing area and started hitting several dimes. My next signal sounded like a nickle and out came this Gold Ring:bouncy: Looks like a black onyx stone ? I'll have to have it checked out at my local jeweler.
I did find 7 pull tab and one nickle. My Tejon is starting to pay for it's self:detecting:

Tejon seems to have a sweet spot for the foil, nickle, lead and tab range.
Congrats on the ring!

nice ring, was hoping to go out hunting a little bit this morning but it rained a bunch during the nite and theres water standing everywhere, ahh well maybe I'll get to go in a couple of days.

Nice going Craig. You must have your Tejon really dialed in to find gold.
Was thinking about getting one myself as I hunt gold jewelry on sports fields.
Is there a special setup that you use ?
By your posting this has me seriously thinking about it again.
Good hunting to you ! Gene

I use the setting that I read about from this site. Disc#1 is set to Foil. Disc #2 is set between nickle and foil. Gold Rings and nickles come sound off with a clean sound. When you hit Disc #2 there is no sound . Pull tabs will sound off with a crackle. I do dig all clean sounds in Disc #1 & #2 . I do check pinpoint and look for a small pinpoint. Large pinpoints are usually aluminum. But I still dig them anyway, just to get the trash out of the ground. Don't have to deal with it next time. I take all pull tabs and save them for Micky D's house.
Next most important thing is make sure you are ground balanced correctly :cheers:

I did and didn't win anything at all :rant:

Yea, I love it keep me guessing and digging. :goodnight:

Hope the ground has dried up a bit for yea! I couldn't beleive it but we had early rains and the detecting was great with easy digging.

Thanks for letting me know your set up Craig.
Looks like you have a plan that's working for you.
Good hunting to you ! Gene