Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2nd hunt of the year give me two firsts

mojotrout

The skies refrained from dumping on us today so things were pretty nice. A little muddy in some places but definitely huntable. I went back to the 1915 house that coughed up the merc and token yesterday. I checked the now-thawed clothesline area and only found a few zinc pennies. So I went back to the front yard and POW! - a 1952 quarter! five minutes later, out pops my first ever war nickel! I was happy and satisfied with those. about 10 minutes later I get a solid 44-46 and dig it knowing its a can or iron pipe. It was. 46-48s are always iron for me but I was still digging them because copper /wheat pennies had been ringing up at 40-42 because of the wet soil. I figured silver coins might ring up higher too ( however, the quarter was a solid 42; the nickel 22). 5 minutes later, another 44-46, but this time--ta da!--

[attachment 284461 1935slh.JPG]
a 1935 half-dollar-- another first for me!

[attachment 284462 021514.JPG]

Also pulled some wheaties, 1920 -53.

Sens = 20, NC = 2, thresh =5, auto GB tracking on, 99 tones disc mode w/ nothing notched.

Ive had a pretty good start of the new season! thanks for looking!

Congratulations on the firsts! :clapping:
That Walker is really a great find. :thumbup:

Sounds to me like you're starting to like that 705. :lol:

Old Longhair said:
Congratulations on the firsts! :clapping:
That Walker is really a great find. :thumbup:

Sounds to me like you're starting to like that 705. :lol:

we are starting to get the hang of each other Longhair. She's like many women, subtle with the meaning of her words. Im catching on though.

More like a woman than you might think!
You have to go slow.
Sometimes the noise is unrelenting.
She has so many facets that having everything optimized every time is not possible.
And you had better be a good listener!

Sweeeeet, you got a half dollar, WTG and congra't on the other finds. That was a pretty good yard, not all yards are that good.

Hit it a few more times....

WOW. Very nice hunt. That's one for the books. Congrats on the walker.

Very nice hunt.......finding that walker was fantastic. Congratulations:clapping:

Old Longhair said:
More like a woman than you might think!
You have to go slow.
Sometimes the noise is unrelenting.
She has so many facets that having everything optimized every time is not possible.
And you had better be a good listener!

so true!

Thanks for the congratulations everyone, Im going back today to see what else I might be able to find. I'll post my results!

Nice job on the standing liberty!!

I've been all over the 1800's but a standing liberty as alluded me. It's like we have a gap around here where nothing happen during that time. Congrats!

n/t

Nice finds..........