Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2nd hunt with the D2

bonepicker

Got out again for about 5 hours this afternoon. Haven’t had a chance to read the book just using General program and making adjustments similar to how I would run the D1. -6.4 Disc, Full tones, 2 Reactivity, 0 Silencer. Hopefully soon I’ll get some time to dive into the settings a little more.
First location was an old Seafood Cannery Labor Camp site where we have found a lot of piece work tokens and coins.
It’s actually just the edge of the camp, because the rest of the camp location is now a parking lot.
This site is one of those you just don’t want to give up on. Been there over 20 times. Last 4 or 5 times I have been there I haven’t found anything, and none of my buddies will even go there with me anymore. It’s pretty much written off. In 2 hours I found another Lopez Dunbar and Dukate token, and a memorial cent. I love the local tokens and these clean up nice.
147D7B59-C998-4953-875D-2DF0BFAA7EAE.jpeg

The second site I went to was a old house site that got wiped out during Katrina. A friend of mine took me here once about a year ago, and I’ve never been back.
He has found over 100 silver dimes here with his AT Pro. Probably got lost when the house went down in the storm. He showed me the spot to see if I could find anything with the Deus, because he wasn’t finding anything anymore with his Garrett.
That day I dug 5 or 6 silver dimes in 2 or 3 hours. I never went back.
He has since moved away.
So I thought what the heck, I’ll go there and try to see if I can find a few dimes, since I haven’t dug a silver dime with the D2.
Didn’t take long and I was on em.
He missed a lot. I had to go slow and listen for good tones mixed in with all the nails. In about 3 hours I ended up with 17 silvers. I know I didn’t get em all, but I had to get home to do family stuff, and my knee was killing me.
Never thought I’d get tired of digging silver dimes.
8A7B9D43-0D1C-49EF-9430-AE057C2AACBF.jpeg

That's a dream hunt !
I've never had a day like that. 👍

That's a dream hunt !
I've never had a day like that. 👍
Thanks, it was pretty exciting.
I’ve never dug half as many silvers in one hunt.
I tried to explain the scenario as best as possible, so people wouldn’t call BS.
Those coins were most likely in the house when it went down, and were scattered about somehow.
It was like a bomb went off that was loaded with dimes. They are spread out all over the yard and mixed in with lots of rusty nails.
It was fun, but definitely not a typical site. Normally I’m happy if I can find one silver coin.

Wow congratulations. Most I've found is two in one day, I was happy with that. I went out with mine today in a gravel rest area we stopped at and found 4 .22 bullets, 19 cents, a fishing weight and a pin back.
It was our anniversary today and somehow my new Deus 2 found its way into the back of the car on our date.

Last edited:
Wow! great finds its fun times at sites like that my buddy just hunted a spot where the great grand father buried lots of silver he past away years ago at 105!
long story short he found 3 morgan's first trip and a big gold ring! and he's new to detecting! I could not believe it when he sent me the photos of 3 morgans!
Mark

Last edited:
Looks like you have the 11” coil how do you like the 11”?
Matk

Got out again for about 5 hours this afternoon. Haven’t had a chance to read the book just using General program and making adjustments similar to how I would run the D1. -6.4 Disc, Full tones, 2 Reactivity, 0 Silencer. Hopefully soon I’ll get some time to dive into the settings a little more.
First location was an old Seafood Cannery Labor Camp site where we have found a lot of piece work tokens and coins.
It’s actually just the edge of the camp, because the rest of the camp location is now a parking lot.
This site is one of those you just don’t want to give up on. Been there over 20 times. Last 4 or 5 times I have been there I haven’t found anything, and none of my buddies will even go there with me anymore. It’s pretty much written off. In 2 hours I found another Lopez Dunbar and Dukate token, and a memorial cent. I love the local tokens and these clean up nice.
View attachment 23188
The second site I went to was a old house site that got wiped out during Katrina. A friend of mine took me here once about a year ago, and I’ve never been back.
He has found over 100 silver dimes here with his AT Pro. Probably got lost when the house went down in the storm. He showed me the spot to see if I could find anything with the Deus, because he wasn’t finding anything anymore with his Garrett.
He has since moved away.
So I thought what the heck, I’ll go there and try to see if I can find a few dimes, since I haven’t dug a silver dime with the D2.
He missed a lot. I had to go slow and listen for good tones mixed in with all the nails. In about 3 hours I ended up with 17 silvers. I know I didn’t get em all, but I had to get home to do family stuff, and my knee was killing me.
View attachment 23189
Awesome
Congratulations

Thanks, it was pretty exciting.
I’ve never dug half as many silvers in one hunt.
I tried to explain the scenario as best as possible, so people wouldn’t call BS.
Those coins were most likely in the house when it went down, and were scattered about somehow.
It was like a bomb went off that was loaded with dimes. They are spread out all over the yard and mixed in with lots of rusty nails.
It was fun, but definitely not a typical site. Normally I’m happy if I can find one silver coin.
Your friend apparently wasn't digging those squeaks in between the nails.
ATPro. Gotta dig those squeakys.

View attachment 23188
He has since moved away.
View attachment 23189
I don't think I would get tired of digging mercury dimes but then again, I have been in spots where I got tired of digging clad coins.

Looks like you have the 11” coil how do you like the 11”?
Matk
I like it. So far so good.
I’m sure I’ll get a 9” coil too, but really can’t afford it now.
I’ve owned a D1 for about 6 years, and always had 2 coils.
I always felt like I got a little more depth with a larger coil.
If u ever field hunt or beach hunt u will want a big coil.
Small coils have their place too.
Last 2 hunts I was still able to pick out some targets in thick trash and iron. I run 0 disc, u just gota go slow and listen closely.
I’m sure a little coil would work great, but until I can afford 2, the 11” will suffice.

Last 2 hunts I was still able to pick out some targets in thick trash and iron. I run 0 disc, u just gota go slow and listen closely.
I’m sure a little coil would work great, but until I can afford 2, the 11” will suffice.
Even if you could afford a 9" Deus 2 coil you would play hell finding one.
I've searched everywhere none to be had

View attachment 23188
He has since moved away.
View attachment 23189
Tokens are always cool

Well this one turned out pretty good. A little pitting on the back.
Some I previously dug were much nicer.
Dunbar Lopez & Dukate Seafood Cannery. Circa 1910-ish.
Workers were paid in tokens.
The more oysters you shucked, the more money you made that day.
625A1658-0D90-4037-A85A-8D7ED32D06E4.jpeg
BCD15875-22E0-4561-BFFE-523B5445988C.jpeg

Calabash says the 9” will out preform the 11” on the small gold both on the nox and Deus 2 I’ll be trying that when I get mine ..thanks I always run no discrimination on my Nox
Mark

Calabash says the 9” will out preform the 11” on the small gold both on the nox and Deus 2 I’ll be trying that when I get mine ..thanks I always run no discrimination on my Nox
Mark
Is that still called "all metal" now-a-days when you run no disc?

Is that still called "all metal" now-a-days when you run no disc?
Yes it is I’ve always run my Nox that way I really like to hear everything..and I use 5 tones
Mark