Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2nd Hunt with the Sovereign Amplifier

plugger

Went to one of my favorite beaches this morning with my new AMP/GT setup. I did not have to mess with any settings, just turned both GT & AMP on, set the GT up for Silent Search and off I went for 3-1/2 hours. I wasn't fooling around as much as the first short hunt l did last week. I knew what to expect and just went at it! No Gold, but a good hunt none the less. One decent silver ring, a bunch of silver earrings, a couple of silver medals and a tiny silver charm that kept falling thru my scoop. I had to find it with my fingers. I found quite alot of tiny targets this morning: a couple of snap buttons from garments, a couple of zipper pulls and 2 imitation diamond stud earrings (I checked them with my diamond tester). Coin count: 30 quarters 15 dimes, 5 nickles, 19 pennies and one Barbados Dime. Total US coin count - $9.19. Here's a pic:

So Plugger are you happy with the amp ?

I wish I could try one out for a weekend, that amp could make turf hunting with the S12 really interesting :devil:

wow great job..
good luck..
john

Yes, I am. I am still learning what settings I can use on the GT & the AMP and with different coils. I want to learn how hot I can run it and I still have to use it with my 12x15 SEF coil yet, but I am happy enough that I am building a new hip-mounted belt setup for it. I will show the pics here some time next week after I get it built and take it out for my 3rd hunt. HH,

Plugger

The Sovereign amp that I see referred to seems to work very well.

I wonder if Minelab will incorporate some amplifier stages into their new Sovereign model to get the same effect?

Willee

plugger said:
Yes, I am. I am still learning what settings I can use on the GT & the AMP and with different coils. I want to learn how hot I can run it and I still have to use it with my 12x15 SEF coil yet, but I am happy enough that I am building a new hip-mounted belt setup for it. I will show the pics here some time next week after I get it built and take it out for my 3rd hunt. HH,

Plugger

Plugger,

Finally got my Sov/Amp hip mounted to my satisfaction.

As you know, it's quite a job to get all parts housed together...and getting access to all controls.

I basically have a camera case which holds the Sov and Amp battery...the Amp itself is secured on the outside of the camera case with all leads nicely connecting to their respective areas.

I'll post a pic tomorrow......major trial and error as you know !!!

Tony.

Tony, I am waiting on some custom pouches to be made for a new belt configuration and I will post those pictures after I get it all set up. Looking forward to seeing your setup too! This is a fun part of metal detecting, customizing our equipment to suit ourselves.

Plugger

Plugger,

I'm really happy with the final setup....

Sov GT and Amp battery in camera case. Amp attached with cable ties to camera case.
Mounted on a divers quick release belt. I hunt with the case slid around to the rear...when I need to make any adjustments then just slide it around to the front.
I can clearly see where all controls are set on the GT and Amp. Case it weatherproof and has a built in rain cover that can cover the whole setup.

Look forward to seeing your custom belt......should work a treat !

Tony.

Very creative! Looks like alot of padding for the GT box too. I'm still waiting on my new pouches, maybe by next week. I'm going out in the morning and I will try it out with my 12 x 15 SEF coil and how that does. HH, Plugger