Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2nd outing with the Deus

DukeOBass

Well, we had 2 nice days in a row! I can hardly believe it after the relentless winter we've had. The temperatures are supposed to drop this week. AGAIN!

I hit a very trashy park that I've detected with the SE, E-trac and CTX. I searched a spot I know I have hunted very hard. No coins, but I did manage a small ring. After knocking on a few doors, and finding no one at home, I decided to try the Deus in a neighbor's yard that I had gridded very carefully with my E-trac and CTX. I managed to squeeze out the 1916 Wheatie.

[attachment 286449 PhoenixRing.jpg]
[attachment 286450 1916Wheatie_1.jpg]
[attachment 286451 1916WheatieReverse_1.jpg]

Duke are you using full tones? I hunted a little today in a ballfield. Got a 22 Wheat and a no date Buff along with a medallion.

Keep re-visiting those hammered sites and you will continue to turn up a lot of good stuff! :clapping:

My recent rental property hunts I've been using reactivity = 3, silencer = 1, and Sens = 85 and found all the easy and shallow items. Went back to the same area I found the Walker within 20 feet of it with Reactivity = 2 and Silencer = 1 and same Sens setting and found a 9" deep Wheat under the front walkway. It ID'ed at a 96 but was a repeatble, clear tone - so naturally I dug it! The big end of the ProPointer was even with the ground and I was really surprised to see a coin come out of the hole! I still get fooled with bottlecaps at these low silencer settings but don't mind to get them out of the way for whatever may lay underneath (which recently has been silver coins!)

Night before last I went back to where I found the Walker and 9" deep Wheat and tried Reactivity = 4, Silencer = 0, Sens = 85 (still in 8kHz) and managed 2 Wheats in the same hole along with a clad dime mixed in with nails. The Wheats were 5-6" deep and sounded "barely diggable" so I know that on this reactivity = 4 setting in moderate trash you can achieve this depth with a little more to spare! Found all of these about 6" away from a wrought iron banister and the signals were a bit choppy and unsure, but given the location the odds of them being coins were high - and that's exactly what they were!

Starting out with a higher reactivity setting and then rehunting the area with a lower setting to find the deeper coins is a great way to clear a yard! I would bet that a CTX 3030 or a Blisstool would find those 12" deep plus targets easier than the Deus, but if there's any trash at all - and you're concerned with only the first 9" or so - go with the Deus!

Actually, I was using 5 tones. I think I'm liking that better. I had been using 5 tones quite a bit on my CTX and think I got used to that.

I appreciate hearing what you're using for settings and about what you're finding. It sounds like Reactivity and Silencer are the most frequently adjusted settings once everything else is dialed in. I have been trying you're Bad Trash program. Thank you for sharing.

Very nice Duke.

I hope I can learn it.