Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2nd Time Out Ever V3i, What is This I Found

nd23rin

Hi All-

After taking my V3i back to my backyard for the second time, I found this item. I am not sure what it is but the interesting this is that the US emblem has only 13 stars and 13 stripes. Anybody know what this is...it appears to be bronze or copper, maybe brass?? It was about 6.5 inches deep and I was using the trash preset on the v3i.

Nick

Nice!
Do you know the history about your property? What State are you from?
Does it have little barbs on the back? Could be a suspender strap pin.
I found a silver ring with the same emblem on the face.

I am from Camp Hill, PA...about ten minutes west of Harrisburg. Obviously Civil war stuff is fairly easy to come by but this must pre date that era right? This doesn't have barbs but it is curve below the top portion maybe at a 30 degree angle.

Looked a little closer and that piece is really cool! You are in a great area!
If you find out what it is...I would like to know. Post it in the what's it section.

Nice find. Sorry I am not any help in identifying your whatsit but it looks like you had a great and interesting second hunt. Thanks for sharing and HH -Marc

That looks like an emblem off of the front of a soldiers hat, civil war or maybe pre-civil war.,

the stars and stripe shield looks like a U.S.Coast Guard symbol, may want to start there in your search

Book Mark?

If that is from a hat it seems to be a style from the Jacksonion period. (Gut feeling only) Brass gilt over bronze for sure and I'd do a military emblem search with measurments and composition/images. We had a similar shaped thing come through our shop but about 20% of that size and we only got around to determining composition and suspected era. Is the back flat or molded?

The emblem on it reminds me a football team. Check for sports teams emblems but around the world maybe you will find something to help you.