Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2nd time out with the DEUS, question?

ronnw69

I've noticed that i have allot of iron hitting in the 90s, any idea why? This may be a dumb question but I'm new at this and really appreciate everyone's input. Thanks in advance. Also let me add that it hit with a high tone too.

Most likely iron wrap around from small iron flecks in the soil or just iron mineralization. Ground balancing may remove some of it , even run it a bit positive. You can also do the ground notch thing or simply put in a disc notch from 98 up but be sure not to disc out your big silver if you should be so lucky. Learn the frequency shift to 4 khz if necessary but the best thing is to continue to run until you can recognize the sound of a good round tone vs the tone of a false....full tones help in that regard. You also have the silencer setting to work with---lots of options on the Deus to deal with stuff like that. Don't be afraid to experiment

Also I'm in the basic 1 program, guess i should have said that too. Thanks for the reply so far.

Andy said notch out 97-99 and I followed his advice and civil war camp hunting may have dug 1 nail in 7 hours of hunting. It is iron falsing, don't think he would say to do it if it knocked out big silver But that's JMHO

Jerry

jtalley007 said:
Andy said notch out 97-99 and I followed his advice and civil war camp hunting may have dug 1 nail in 7 hours of hunting. It is iron falsing, don't think he would say to do it if it knocked out big silver But that's JMHO

Jerry

Andy's free to tell you whatever he wants but at least in air testing with 12 or 18 khz , 97 will nock out silver dollars. Do you own tests and see.

OK i got some stuff I've recovered asks I'm going to discriminate after air testing with the iron chunks I've dug up, thanks.

First, air testing is one thing but I tend to look for in-ground targets . . . not trying to sound like a wise guy but ground does make a difference.

As far as silver dollars hitting in the 97+ range, a few things to consider. 1) Coin hunting, especially if you are looking for big silver in 18 KHZ is going to result in you digging a lot of tiny pieces of junk and not getting the depth you would at 8 KHZ or 4 KHZ (which will be a real contender in V4.0), 2) You need to play the odds unless you have all the time in the world to hunt - if you are hunting a site that has the rusted iron causing the wrap around, you need to think how many silver dollars there are vs how much time you have to dig all the iron . . . your call but I tend to go for keepers and likelihood of missing something over digging it all. If you want to be sure you are not missing those silver dollars, drop the frequency, get better depth and better target separation.

The reason the silver gets pressed into the wrap around iron area at 18 KHZ is that all readings get pressed up. We have a few slides in the Bootcamp where we cover this but for UK hunters (and other non-US hunters) looking for the tiny lower conductive coins, the higher frequency works better - they do not use TIDs. Until V4.0 is released which will offer some adjustability not found on V3.2, use 8 KHZ or 12 KHZ for US coin hunting with 8 being the one for high iron when you have the potential for silver dollars to be present. The 97 - 99 notch will eliminate much of the wrap around issue.

Andy

Andy,

I agree about ground making a difference which is why I qualified my comment to air testing.
I also agree with the frequency of running across big silver ...very slight but stacks of clad quarters or halves do the same thing and I have run across them occasionally.

Nice to hear some info about a coming update. Do you have any small coil rumors you would like to share?

Thanks for the replies everyone, i will stay in the 8 and 12 Khz and just notch out 97-99. It's been raining the last couple days but tomorrow morning looks promising, I'll keep you all updated on my progress, thanks again.

We tend to use 18Khz more for say small silver cut halves and celtic gold 1/4 staters which the higher freq tends to hit them much better,also as the silver and gold content can vary as Andy has mentioned we tend to use the much more reliable tones of the Deus rather than the screen,Full tones is also used much more with very little or infact sometimes no discrimination.

Although i do have a controller i never use it apart from a few minor setting changes,the Deus magic for me and alot of folks across the pond is what the headphones tell you and not so much the screen.

Well I'm still trying out some different settings, this is from my hunt the other day.

Well i don't know what's wrong but i can't get it to upload, Idk, but just some clad(.49), rusty nail and some pull tabs of course lol. I've loaded some of the programs from your book Andy and I'm going to try them next time out. I'll keep posting. HH

Jeez almost forgot about the button (i think) that i found tho, it gets what looks like a Spanish looking soldier on it(side view of the head with a gold colored background! Been looking on the net to figure out what it is but haven't had any luck so far. I'm gonna try to figure out why my pics won't upload so i can get it posted and hopefully figure out what it is.

Notching 97 will cost you massive silver finds as well.
5 German Reichsmark from 1932 on a field and a massive silver ring on the beach were finds, which gave the same ID.

Best greetings from Germany
Hauptmann a.D.