Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2ND time out with xl-pro .......not to bad!

Sonny(IN)

went to a golf course. Got a reading of 56, wheatie, another 56 wheatie.. Then got a reading of 52 at almost 5 inches.. Indian head,normally 52 is zinc penny, then high dime reading about 2 inches away from indian head penny, 1908 barber dime..The meter on the xl is very good. I use to use a di pro and the pro plus years ago. Found one of the gold dollars dated 2000 and it read quarter. I was using the 5.3 coil but am going back over the week-end and will use the 9.5.... The couse is REAL old and not to much trash..Once found a 14k tiger eye mans ring at a different golf course and it read pull tab..Needless to say dug a lot of tabs that day.. The ring was the first signal of the day...Also found a lot of new coins such as quarters, dimes ,pennies, and one nickel......HH..Sonny

Sonny, you'll grow to love this machine. When that needle pegs at high dime you can bet the farm it's a silver dime. Silver quarters will also read high. Have fun!

n/t

Older, out-of-use courses when I could find them, and did well on silvercoins and silver & gold jewelry.

Indian Heads, and many early 'Wheatbacks' from 1909 into the early 1920's, tend to ID similar to the modern zinc cent. That's normal.

I hope your next search of the site is equally rewarding.

Monte