Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

2nd wet beach hunt

ML

I took the AT Pro back out to the iron laden beach that I had much luck with about ten days ago. It looked like about a foot of sand had come back so I wasn't expecting as many targets. It was a brutal few hours. I tried lots of combinations of settings - both standard and pro modes, sensitivity from one bar to about three or four, iron disc 25, 35, 40, iron audio both on and off. I auto ground balanced several times. I couldn't get the unit to stop bell toning on iron in standard, regardless of how low I set the sens. When the numbers jumped all over I knew it was iron, but even when the numbers were steady in the mid 80's it was iron. Last time out there lowering the sens really helped. In Pro mode the amount of noise it made was making it tough to pick out a clean hit. I was lost out there today. Almost pulled out the Excal but figured it wasn't gonna be my day and drove home. This is a tough beach to hunt but the rewards usually make it worth the effort.

interesting, but if you had your excal with you...you should have at least tried it too..
good luck,keep us posted
hh
john