Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3 day hunt out of state hunt

sube

NgYSben.jpg
[/img] Had to take the ctx out was comparing signals with the nox that the ctx found . Using the 6 inch head lot's of trash found a deep signal was reading 39 to 42 on the ctx depth gauge said 11 inches was running 28 for sensitivity open screen so I grab the nox park 1 all metal iron bias fe2 0 recovery 6 using the 6 inch head came in at 28 one way 38 the other dug down 10 inches find a nail 4 incher to the side of the hole crap I said checked it again still there .

Left it open to come back my friend had a merc and a wheat I had nothing but clad so I ask him if he had anything to dig with he said he had a small shovel in his van .He had the stock coil on his nox I said come whip this and see what you think he gets a 28 one way and 38 the other he says I would dig that. So I get the pinpointer out and get a buzz on the other side of the hole a 2 inch nail comes out then I get a hit dead center by the way the pin pointer is even with the top of the hole so I dig down 2 inches and see silver a barber dime 1905 this don't happen often but that coin was at 11 1/2 half inches deep I don't know if the nails helped the signal or not but both detectors with the 6 inch head hit it .

When I got it out of the hole ctx read 42 the nox read 23 to 24 the coin has a full rim and grades good I would say. That was the only coin I found there soil was black as far as I dug must be good soil that both machine hit on it .sube

so the nox matched the ctx on the deep coin.....however jumpy vdi...it did hit the coin....hum.....

Hey Sube, Paul here. Long time CTX and Deus owner. I know you do a lot of hunting in the trash( i like the challenge myself although a nice break to do relics nice sometimes) Heres my question. I know trash is where the treasure is but I also know that some trash usually caps will completely mask a coin. I've used the Deus more is these areas lately because there are way to "tune out" the caps except you still mask unless you dig them. However I also know that with combined tone you can separated the easier. I know there are some areas New york maybe where the old stuff not that deep. Usually deep hear so at least some of it has to been taken out. Your thought. Thanks.

My thoughts are ctx is very good in caps light years ahead of the nox when it comes to caps . If I am working in caps the nox stays home period the ctx beats it to hell .
Simple test dime inside cap dime right next to cap dime 1 inch directly below cap .CTX well read all these signals at 12.34 to 12.42 that's a range they travel on the 12 line back and forth Nox will read 11 or 14 maybe a 19 but not very often the nox is blind to the dime it's only reading the cap.
As the dime gets deeper under the cap the ctx well start to give a bigger range 12.20 to 12.40 till it just starts reading it like a cap 12.10 to 12.30 okay.
Settings ferrous coin 31 fe line if you use more fe line like 20 or more it will still hit but swing speed has to be slow and I mean slow if you go fast you will not hear . CTX is a great detector so accurate on IDS compare to the nox but the nox has its place just not in caps . sube

Thanks Sube, really appreciate info Did have one question. You meant set FE to 31 on tones rather than lower since below will open to more small nails right?

Yes I choose 31 because it is where the machine well still give audio on a dime tight with cap or nail on a normal swing if you go to 30 or 28 targets that are tight with caps or nails start to get consumed by the iron meaning you won't hear them . sube

Yes I choose 31 because it is where the machine well still give audio on a dime tight with cap or nail on a normal swing if you go to 30 or 28 targets that are tight with caps or nails start to get consumed by the iron meaning you won't hear them . sube
OK thank

Sube, I notice you run at the FE 31 line in Combined...Do you prefer to use High Trash or FC with this setting ? I have mine set at FE 24 to match the bottom of my descrim pattern...am I not hearing some high conductors near caps and nails using the 24 line ? I use the Andy S descrim pattern...I also run Deep vs Fast...and swing pretty slow...

Try this with high trash and ferrous coin -0- -being the nails 0 being coin with your fe line set at 24 all targets well low tone at 31 to 35 the coin well go high are you missing at 24 yes. sube