Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3 days and no posts...

Jackpine Savage

I know I'm guilty but dang it, it's snowing again and I'm about to go stir crazy.

Have 705 will travel, to a warmer climate that is.

Tom

Things were looking up around here with the snow cover steadily melting so I figured 1-2 weeks before I could finally do some metal detecting. Out of nowhere comes a snowstorm the likes of which we haven't seen in years. It really looks like the middle of winter around here now. Bummer.

Ditto Jack and Mike. Was having an awesome Feb and March, then BOOM, 10 inches of snow and low temps. Gonna be a few weeks before I'm back at it! Bummer! HH ALL

Emmett :usaflag:

Between the snow, rain, frozen ground, mud, cutting & splitting wood to stay warm with, work, hauling hay, and two new rifles I've assembled there just hasn't been any swing time.

It's Spring time in France!! So that's what it looks like.

Yeah we sure got teased here in the northern states with the warm February. Now it's back to a more normal March where the weather can't make up its mind if it's spring or still winter.

Tom

-22 degrees in Healy Alaska got up to 5 degrees to day maybe in a month and half I can get to the old Miner's cabin's and gold fields just me my 705 and my big can of bear spray o don't forget the 44 yup I need that maybe take some one I can out run will half to see what grandma is up to no I took grandpa last time and win a bear came along he was gone that old man can run

It is 72° here in Deep south Texas 92% humidity. We have had rain and the ground is ripe for digging. I think I will get our for a while today!:thumbup:

Old Longhair said:
Between the snow, rain, frozen ground, mud, cutting & splitting wood to stay warm with, work, hauling hay, and two new rifles I've assembled there just hasn't been any swing time.

if you don't mind me asking, what kind of rifles are you setting up, i've been reloading and shooting way longer than metal detecting, just curious to see if it's something i have.:cool:

The assemblies were a couple of AR's. Just finished my .300BLK.
I've been reloading for over 40yrs. Cast my own pistol bullets.
And besides my rifles and handguns, I used to be an ATA trapshooter. That meant reloading for shotguns too.

Old Longhair said:
The assemblies were a couple of AR's. Just finished my .300BLK.
I've been reloading for over 40yrs. Cast my own pistol bullets.
And besides my rifles and handguns, I used to be an ATA trapshooter. That meant reloading for shotguns too.

Nice, i dont have a BLK but ive had 2 AR's since before clinton banned them in the 90's. both are HBAR's.
funny you mention shotgun reloading, i just recently started casting my own buckshot for 12ga. reloading on a new MEC 600 jr. mark V.
this thing does perfect loads/crimps right out of the box on new never crimped hulls, i figured i'd be in for a big learning curve
but this thing is perfect.

Now, to officially keep this conversation in the metal detecting realm, i found the 3rd and 4th only wheat pennies since i've been detecting on teus. after a 80 mile round trip.
crusty 44 and a 45 bout 6" deep 38 id with 10.5 DD with grnd. bal. running from 18-25.:goodnight: