Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3 days in Florida.....

JOHNMARKHAM

OK well i had my own small marathon,i hit Miami beach south beach,deer field beach,the treasure coast,Sebastian inlet and cocoa beach all in 3 days,now I'm back home in kissimmee,gonna hit cocoa beach tomorrow again then the long drive back to frozen Ohio..all in all i had a great time,tried out the new headphones:black widows and grey ghosts water headphones along with docs treasure screamer amp..i can tell you i don't care for the grey ghost water headphones on the beach,there to noisey,they let too much of the outside noise in..the black widows worked out just fine but there not water proof so cant use them in the deep surf,now the treasure amp i tried,I'm thinking i have a bad amp cause it really didn't work correctly but it did amp up the targets from a soft threshold.i hooked up with a fellow named mark from the TNET goes by scrounger,nice fellow,hunted all day in Miami with him. we both only scored on some clad..i got my scoop fixed by Joe at Reilly's treasured gold,he re welded it up for me and put a stainless steel tip on the front,what a difference that made in cutting into the hard packed sand,thanks Joe for the prompt service and the great price.he even turned me onto a place close to them for a gold test kit at a great price too,nice place they have there,stop and see them when your in pompano Florida,Reilly's did me just right....
all i ended up was the usual pull tabs about 5 dollars or so in clad,2 matchbox cars,the Bobbie pins,1 junk silver ring,a couple silver and gold earrings and the usual aluminum trash,beaches just didn't have enough traffic on them yet for the fresh drops,and waters too cold to venture into to drop stuff yet..all the beaches were way sanded in too,we need a nice storm here now,
ill try again in march when i come back down,spring break will be in full tilt then so beaches should have plenty of fresh drops??
so i hope all my friends will do better than i did,have fun and please save a few scraps for me..
i better say thank you to my wife for letting me stay here so i could hunt while she endured the cold weather..i love you honey...
hh
john

Well hopefully you still had fun. Sorry you didn't find any glitter or bling. It's just the way it goes sometimes huh. We all have those days. If it makes you feel any better, I spent about 120 hours on the beaches (east coast) my last trip to the states and found SQUAT.
Next time....
Chris
Cayman Islands

Hey John! You know you might talk to beechnut about modding out the ear cup pads in your headphones. I've seen it done for the peltor phones on an Excal and the padding they use for pilot headsets is much larger and cushier, making for a quieter headset. It works, so I am almost positive you could mod your GG's the same way. I am about to take my excal headphones off that ridiculous plastic brace and put some aviator style wire braces on them...maybe I should do that pads at the same time. Just some food for thought.

You hit the right spot, Reilly's, to get your scoop or anything else done. Know Joe quite well. Very pleasant to hunt and deal with. I've heard how much sand has built up on the East Coast. It's been like that for aleast 3 years. Last storm was Wilma. They need one, but, not like her. Atleast ya met up with a local. Maybe March will be my turn. HH SonnyFl

Sorry you didn't do any better John. Relaxing and enjoyable though I'm sure and maybe March will bring you some goodies. Have a safe trip back to Ohio.

BCOOP

are you using? did you get your original back?

still nasty(ice) and frozen here. have a safe trip back.

John, Sorry I missed you on this trip. I have not been finding or posting and even reading lately. I am glad you enjoyed your outing. I met Scrounger couple of weeks ago while down in SB. Look me up in March when you come back. How have you been with your health?

Sorry to hear you were skunked. I just got back from South Beach myself. I hunted about 3 days in the sand with my Etrac and 12x15" sef coil and found about $5.00 worth of clads. I could not believe how clean that beach was. I was in the midst of thousands of beach goers and yet could go for about an hour without even a junk signal.It was extremely disappointing. Did get experience using my new 12x15" SEF coil. It worked really well and is easy to pinpoit with. Also used my new 6" excelerator coil and new Ultimate Grey Ghost headphones. Next year when i return, I'll bring my new Head Hunter Pulse and strictly work the shallow water hopefully with much better results.