Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3 IN 1

senda

Hello buddies
I returned to the fray this weekend past.
I started on Friday night on the beach. It was cold and I had to return the car to put shoes. The toy truck with crane, think it's a Disney character, a few steps begin. Two meters after a coin 50 cts. of € and then ... kilometers of dry sand and wet without any results, good or bad. There was a lot of sand, more than a meter above normal. I reached the edge of the beach, next to the wall that separates the harbor entrance and found a stone in surface area. First signal, a ballast rod. It seemed the right place. It was an area of 40 square meters and began squaring up and down and from right to left. Two fishing sinkers, and some small change and finally silver bracelet glad my two hours of searching and coming home.
20150803_163858_zpsz4y5g6np.jpg

20150803_163919_zpsuf14sqfo.jpg

20150806_165032_zpsani7qnth.jpg

On Saturday I returned to the village in the mountains, to continue in the field my last hunt.
I began at sundown, when it began to cool the hot day. I scanned the meadow for two hours until dinner time. It is very important to respect the hours of meals and drinks ... The GB 81 00 Iron Disc, Sens least two bar.
20150802_000750_zpstudbxvtt.jpg

A thimble, a ring of horse tack an Army uniform button, a pellet shotgun and two lead smelting remains very old patina.
20150804_165301%2044_zpsqyo4betl.jpg

A bracelet, silver seems, but gives me confidence and if it looks fake, is it is.
20150801_235937_zpsvmwpqq2l.jpg

A peseta of Franco from 1960 to 1975 approx.
A coin value of 10 cents. 1870, very filling.
20150804_165602%20DOBLE_zpsobpkirnu.jpg

A small copper coin worth two maravedis 1602 Philip III.
2%20maravedis%20Philp%20III%201602%20BURGOS_zpsnxdq3nxb.jpg

A copper coin of the Catholic Kings (kings between 1474 to 1504) also value two coppers.
Front: FERNADVS ET ELISABET around a circle containing a crowned lion left under mint.
Reverse: REX ET REGINA CAST LEGION around a circle containing a castle.
2%20Maravedis%20Segovia%20%20REYES%20CATOLICOS_zpsoaqcghg4.jpg

A copper coin called Blanca de rombo (White diamond) King Henry IV of Castile (1425-1474)named The impotent. Front: ENRICVS. DEI. GRACE about a diamond that contains a castle with the mint below.
Reverse: XPS. VINCIT. XPS around a lozenge containing a crowned lion rampant.
blanca%20de%20rombo%20enrique%20IV_zpsy8ejqw3w.jpg

enrique4imagen_zpsvfei8ict.jpg

The Catholic Kings were Elizabeth I, Queen of Castile (1451-1504) and Ferdinand II, King of Aragon (1452-1516) She was Catholic and he, quite a womanizer. Elizabeth was sister of Henry IV and was at war with his niece Juana La Beltraneja (who was not legitimate daughter of Henry) to get the crown. The Catholic Kings were the ones who paid the trip to America to Colon.:chase:
Ferdinand_of_Aragon_Isabella_of_Castile_zpsrlxpg0jq.jpg

On Sunday I returned to the same place. The sun beat down hard and relocate to another area with shade. Guys ... It was hot in the shade too. Walked for 90 minutes in the dark field mode worm ...
20150802_184359_zpsqf11vjoj.jpg

The results were five pieces of Franco 1959 5 pesetas. When I was a child I was given one of these a week. A coin of 25 cents. 1937 Franco.
20150804_165523%20doble_zpshn2uu7zq.jpg

It was minted in Austria. A souvenir of the Eiffel Tower. An aluminum plate rabies 1950.
20150804_165433%20doble_zpsalgda1ao.jpg

Several pieces of copper wire to scrap the stock $$. The fork out some garbage and more.
Great fun at the weekend and shoulder injury on Monday ..
Thanks for watching,
Sorry for the translation.

Isn't this hobby wonderful? You have some nice old ground there and you sure dig a lot of old history. Nice pictures, write up and finds. Salute! :beers: HH jim tn

Lots of nice old finds. Thanks for the explanation.

You found 'Mater! Yes, that little truck IS a Disney character, lol. From the movie "Cars", which, with so many kids I have raised, I bet I've seen 100 times. And WOW, you find the coolest, OLD coins that I have ever seen. I don't know how I'd act if I found something like that, lol. I would probably embarrass myself. What do the notches mean that are on some of these coins?
Is that how they were taxed? Do you dig a lot of junk, too? I bet people in Spain are much more respectable of the land. Here in America, lots of people don't give 2 craps about littering wherever and whenever. And that's sad.
But anyway, CONGRATS on some awesome finds! And you do a super write up with excellent pics, too! Thanks buddy!

Thanks Dgruff.
What do mean That the notches are on some of These coins? These brands are produced by the coinage system, called "hammer". Modules or flan had a circular metal or something. The important thing is to have the weight and alloy that the law required. The flan was placed between the two dies (one for each side of the coin) and hit with a hammer, producing, when done wrong, offset printing or breaks in the piece.
I also dug a lot of trash, rather, digging. Now I've learned that I can areas overlook the # 40. They are not places where people lost gold, did not. But do not worry friend ... I've also learned that places Meadows waste was deposited, usually in the neighbor. The garbage collection service in these mountain villages may not have 30 years yet and every neighbor got rid of theirs as could normally the river. Also in a bonfire in the garden. I do not like detected in the orchards next to the house because of this. 10 years ago it became a general cleaning of all the rivers of the region .... embarrassing ... cars, bikes, tools, furniture etc. impressive. Now there are more ecological conscience. and more containers for different waste.
to learn more about this in Spanish coinage but translates google
click here

Very interesting. I know literally nothing about Spanish coins, or any other foreign coins for that matter. But I like learning! Back in the early days around here, everyone used creeks or big wash outs to dump their trash. And that was after burning it in 55 gallon drums, or whatever. But what really ticks me off is going to the local beach at a freshwater lake, on a Monday, and seeing the piles pf bottles, cans, diapers, etc. Some people have no respect for the land.
Thanks for the link! I'm trying to figure out how to translate it.
Have a good day, Senda!

Yes ... how can you bury a can and leftovers where tomorrow you're coming to lay, swimming, playing or making love ...? No, really, I can not explain:confused::shrug::rant:
Good day for you too Dgruff

Thank you very much Dancer, Upnorth and Leslie for your comments.
These coins had to have been marked in 1602 and if they were not so, is that were lost before. This is about 400 or 500 years ... bufff and were a very difficult time to live here.
I wish you good luck in your hunt.:thumbup: