Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3 More Silver's at The Home Site...

Blind Squirrel

Howdy --

We went back to that home site that yielded that last Walking Liberty half and other silver coins. We were under the impression that it had been mowed since our last hunt. Well, it hadn't been mowed. Darn it! I wiggled my coil in the open spots and kicked down some of the weeds and was rewarded with 3 silver dimes: a 1944-D Merc, a 1952 Roosevelt and a 1958-D Roosevelt. I also dug some kind of brass embellishment for perhaps a belt and an unfired .45 A.C.P. round. It's always nice to find usable ammo! I also dug 1 wheat cent - a 1944-D and a little over $3 in clad. My buddy, Kenneth, dug a 1941 Merc and some clad. I know that there has to be more silver there so the next time we go there I WILL load my lawn mower! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thanks Zinc Penny. That's a GREAT way to start your silver collection with a silver Half! I hope that there are many more to come. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Blind Squirrel said:
Thanks Zinc Penny. That's a GREAT way to start your silver collection with a silver Half! I hope that there are many more to come. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Yep, I was blown away I thought it was fake at first lol, I'm still searching for another silver. It does get discouraging when you don't find silver in areas you know should have it. But now that I got a v3i I'm hitting areas again and I'm finding the V3i to be deep spent 2 hours out with it yesterday and found majority of targets we're at 6 plus inches dug a penny at 9 using the stock programs so I must have crazy good soil or something lol.

Well, Zinc Penny, you are swinging a darned good detector and yes you do have good soil! Keep swinging it "low and slow" and the silver will flow! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Any recommendations for basic tweaks that would help with silver hunting? I have been trying out a couple programs I modified the coins and have been using that the deep silver is a bit noisy and didn't seem to want to work very well for me.