Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3 questions

itaska71

Which Tesoro detectors have the " Hot " Technologey ?
Which Tesoro detectors have 120 & which have 180 disc. ?

And ............ , having owned over 30 detectors in the last 37 years, my favorite is still the Tesoro Inca .
I have a Garrett 1500 that absolutly does live up to its reputation, but I just do not like Target ID. detectors. ( takes all the fun out ) .
I do however like the Depth meter .
The depth meter on the Inca is a very good tool.
Does anyone think That Tesoro will come out with a detector ( maybe the Vaquero ) with JUST a depth meter ?

i like the depth meter idea, that is the only thing that annoys me about my tesoros. That is the thing I miss most from my xlt when hunting with the tesoros.
:pulltab:

The Tesoros have a sort of analog response and it is easy to guesstimate the depth by just the sound and size of the target.

Well, so far no one has posted an answer to any of your questions. I can answer one - the HOT technology machines are the Cibola, the Vaquero, the Tejon and I think you can include the Lobo Super Trac. It uses the same coils anyway. I'm not sure which ones have which discrimination, maybe somebody will answer that one. As to Tesoro bringing out a machine with only a depth meter, I personally doubt that they, or any other company for that matter, will do so as the more info TID is what's selling detectors now days. Tesoro is pretty tight lipped about new developments until they are ready to market so I guess we'll just have to wait and see what comes up next.
Personally, whenever the tid or the discrimination setting suggests a coin target, I always dig - estimated depth has nothing to do with my deciding to dig so I pay little attention to it, but that's just me.
HH
BB

I don't use the depth to know whether or not to dig, but rather how deep to dig.When I do a friends yard
I take my XLT so that I am not digging a 6 inch hole for a 2 or 3 inch target and messing up his yard.
I'm not the best at recovering my tatgets, but I'm learning.
:pulltab:

Generally, I find that knowing the approximate depth of a target will save BOO COO time... and when your digging in hard soil like we have here in central Tejas,, every inch can be a task. I always joke with my buddy, and tell him if I ever move somewhere that the ground is softer, the first time I plunge my digger in the ground It will probably go to my elbow!!!! hehe :clapping:

If my old info. correct, the following detectors have the 180 Disc. Tejon, Vaquero, Cibola and the Compadre.The H.O.T. tech. detectors are the, Lobo Super Trac, Vaquero, Tejon and I think the Cibola also. Don't take my word for it though. I'm going off of notes that I made when I was preparing to buy my Vaquero.

You are right. Unfortunately, they will produce what sells to the general public. Although most major brands do, or have had, detectors with depth reading & no Target ID, and sold them as another model at a lower price.I also like an Analog depth meter as opposed to a Digital one.
I usually run the discrimination very low. That puts me in pull tab territory. If my depth meter says 2 inches or less, I probe with my knife. If it showes 2 inches or more, I will be plugging.( and hoping for a ring ) Depth meter is a great tool and saves time, and as I said, Target ID detectors just are not as much fun.
Anyway, I still have my Tesoro Inca, just wish the Vaquero circuitry was on the inside.

Sounds like a perfect excuse to have BOTH to me. As a friend is often telling me "Anything worth having is worth having 2 of."
HH
BB