Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3 ringer drops

autopilot42

Here is my take from 3 different digs from the same spot. My goldbug with 11dd coil has hit its limit in my ground. It seems I have maxed out at depth 7 inches is the max it will go. I scan the area in all metal then go to disc to verify. Most of the bullets were found in the 5 to 6 inch range. Soil is good for the first 5 inches then changes to the red clay, since I am in the woods and not hunting in a field that probably helps. I wish i could get more depth maybe a pi would be better.

Take care,
Bob

Beautiful type one cleaner bullets. I use a GPX. It makes all of my other machines seem like toys. I'm serious. HH

Try a ultimate coil on that machine. It'll open it up for depth.

I went out tonight and got some more good signals in All Metal with the GB with the 11dd coil. I only swung it in all metal and found some more good signals. After I swept away down to the dirt I started getting 74 in disc mode that is probably another 3 ringer. I noticed that the dirt bars are increasing after getting the overburden off of the target. I read your posts and you seem to get 5 to 6 inches more over the VLF. I know every ones dirt is different but do you think 10 inches is typically the limit for the G2/Goldbug Platform from your experience. I marked the targets am going to wait till my son gets back from school, he always liked digging targets. I will look into the ultimate 13 does it give you another inch or so. I appreciate your time and all of your wonderful finds. If I find more I will post some more pics.

Thx
Bob

autopilot42 said:
I went out tonight and got some more good signals in All Metal with the GB with the 11dd coil. I only swung it in all metal and found some more good signals. After I swept away down to the dirt I started getting 74 in disc mode that is probably another 3 ringer. I noticed that the dirt bars are increasing after getting the overburden off of the target. I read your posts and you seem to get 5 to 6 inches more over the VLF. I know every ones dirt is different but do you think 10 inches is typically the limit for the G2/Goldbug Platform from your experience. I marked the targets am going to wait till my son gets back from school, he always liked digging targets. I will look into the ultimate 13 does it give you another inch or so. I appreciate your time and all of your wonderful finds. If I find more I will post some more pics.

Thx
Bob
The 13" coil will give you more depth. I use a 15" nel attack coil on my G2-F19. In bad ground you'll dig 7"-8" bullets. In good ground maybe a little deeper. Miineralized ground really limits your detection depth with vlf machines. I've used the same machine you use for a few years now. It's a great relic machine. I know it doesn't matter what machine you use if there's no relics in the ground you won't find them. The 13" coil is a good one for your machine. It's light & pretty deep. HH

Discarded william's cleaners. Soldiers didnt like them.