Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

3 silver day for me....pretty happy. Using the 12x15 sef

burlbark

My wife, buddy and myself went out today and hit the beach. Not much there but I scored a folding knife at a couple inches down, it gave me an overload. Got tired of not finding much and went to the local park where I found this Nike ring. Couple of inches down and I thought it was a quarter.

From there we went to the local school. It has been picked over for years and silver has gotten hard to find. Running a low gain with the large coil helps ignore the small foil and the dime size targets sound off all the way down to 9". This is the technique I was using when I found the 1854 quarter a couple weeks back.
3 silvers is an excellent day for me and I got one wheat cent also.

My hunting buddy squeeked a rosie out and my wife got her first buffalo. It was a great day of hunting and what a year it has been, I am averaging a item of silver everytime we go out and sometimes doubling that. I can attribute the increased success to slowing down, using mixed mode pro (stereo), and the above average depth of the sef 12x15 coil.

Howdy Burlbark--

That's what I call a good hunt - everybody made at least one good find. :clapping:

Your success with Mixed Mode Pro inspires me to give it a try at one of my "hunted out" sites. It's a site that I call Dr. Peppersville because of a 1908 Dr. Pepper watch fob that I dug. I've hunted this site for the last 25 years using the SL89, XLT, DFX and only once or twice with the V3i. The challenge of this site is a layer of rusty cans at 5 - 6". After finding several other watch fobs and a few Barbers, I'm convinced that there are more goodies at depth there. Perhaps Mixed Mode Pro will bring them to light? Anyway, Burlbark, congratulations on another good hunt! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel